Complete SaveGiving credit card information to 3rd party

A longtime customer of Lensmart, I placed an order with them several months ago. This month, on my credit card statement there was a charge for $12.00 from "Complete Savings, " an affiliate of WebLoyalty.com.

When I called Lensmart to question this, they said that when I checked out, I must have clicked on a pop-up coupon offer which automatically enrolled me in a "buyers' club." I told lensmart that they had no right to share my credit card information, and the customer service representative said Lensmart does not share credit card information with anyone.

When I contacted Complete Savings, they said, yes, I had automatically signed up for their buyer's club when I clicked on a coupon on the Lensmart site. I demanded a refund which they subseqently applied.

WebLoyalty has had complaints from across the country because of its tactics, and many have complained to Better Business Bureau, but consumers also should be aware and put pressure on companies like Lensmart which affiliate themselves with WebLoyalty and similar businesses employ a similar model and hide behind pop-ups to charge people's credit cards. Had I known Weboyalty's stench was not far away, I would never have placed an order with Lensmart. They too hide-- behind fine print.

Buyer beware, and be aware that one simple click from a company like Lensmart results in your credit card and home address information being passed along to another unscrupulous company. I called Lensmart to let them know why they were losing a customer, filed a complaint with the state Department of Consumer Protection and the Better Business Bureau. I am passing on this info to tell even seasoned Internet users to beware of ANY popup during a transaction.

H. Schwartz

• Updated by Maryo · Sep 18, 2009

Hello:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to us that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at [protected]. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,