Zip's Car Wash / Scam and cheating

I visited Zips for the 1st time on Saturday 3/14/09. I don't know why it happened but about 1/2 way through the tunnel my car stopped moving and I felt the left side raise & drop as the mechanical "Feet" on the conveyor rolled out from under my car. Then the truck behind me struck me several times with the driver honking her horn because she could not stop her truck from moving. I had to put my car in drive and drive out of the tunnel. I went in to tell the operator what had happened. My car is 8 years old and I did not care about the small nick in the bumper, all I wanted to do is make the people in-charge of the facility aware that there was a problem so it does not happen to someone else. I went to the person at the front desk & told him what happened. After a few minutes he came out and told me that the wash has ZERO responsibility for any damage caused at their facility and pointed his finger in my face telling me that either I backed up or the truck drove forward and their equipment never malfunctions. I told him to stop pointing his finger in my face and he said, "MAKE ME MOTHER [censored]ER". The situation escalated and he kept trying to get me to hit him. I have too much to lose to start beating the crap out of a little 20 year old idiot like this. I asked him for his name and he said�[censored] YOU�� I told him I wanted his bosses name & he said, �NO� several times. I went into the front office to try to get the number off the wall, he got there first and took the number down off the wall and put it in a drawer. Turns out this little A-hole is the MANAGER! No one should ever go to this place! It is 10 bucks of wasted money to put up with this kind of BS. A place that would employee a person like this should be SHUT-DOWN!

Po

Comments

• Ro
      7th of Mar, 2013

I'm in Tulsa and while I haven't had that sort of experience. Mine goes like this. I went there and signed up for the wash club thing. 29.95 a month. I went quite a bit driving a new Camaro but after a few weeks I got tired of having to dry my car off every time. So I went in and cancelled my account. I took the sticker off or tried. The stupid thing left some metallic looking thing there and I had to peel it off with my thumb nail. Took quite a bit. Anyway, I wasn't really worried about it. Now I was looking at my bank account and see they've been charging me for almost a year!!! I have left them an email as there is no Company number I can find to call. I wonder if this is a normal thing for them? Now that I consider things, I probably got something in writing saying it's cancelled. This company does not seem too legit.

• Eb
      4th of Oct, 2018

I decided to purchase their membership which was a big mistake. My first wash I noticed a scratch on my passenger door when I attempted to vacuum out my car but I made no big deal. The 2nd wash in the same place I have a chip paint which looks like a dent from their machine. I notified one of their workers who was very rude and unprofessional. I asked him for his name and his response to me was who me. I told him aren’t you the only one here? He eventually gave his name which probably was a lie (Dillion). I the. Asked him for his corporate number and he just ignored me and told me I was a liar and that their machine do not scratch nor damage people cars. I told him how would u know? He told me he’s the one that fixes it. I told him he needs to do his job a little bit better because the machine was a piece of [censored]. I’m waiting for their corporate office to contact me back which maybe never 😳.