Zazzle.com / online fraud

I too have had problems with this company, although not so much with faulty merchandise being delivered. I created several shirts - the only non-text item on them whatsoever was a piece of artwork I designed myself. Within 3 weeks I received an e-mail from zazzle stating that 'somebody' claimed it was their 'intellectual property' and they just arbitrarily removed it without any investigation or even asking. I wrote them back informing them that it, in fact, was not somebody else's and requesting a name and contact info for this person/organization's general counsel to file charges of copyright infringement and slander.

All this 'Erik' with Zazzle's 'Content Management' provided, after 6 e-mails requesting the full name, address, and any contact info they were provided, was the name of a company (Affinity Consultants). No proof whatsoever that they owned my design, nothing specific on the shirt that supposedly belonged to them, just their name and the claim. After visiting their website, they're an environmental protection consulting firm!

Anywho, if you guys are trying to find a better way to get in touch with Zazzle, why not contact their management team (contact info is listed below, including home address and phone number so you can get in touch even after those pesky business hours when their minds are fresh as they relax in their $1.1 million dollar homes).

To

Comments

• Bs
      10th of Oct, 2009

I am an artist whom had signed up with zazzle hoping to find an alternative sales resource. I too had a complaint against my use of 1 free image I put on a postage stamp.I had used a few free images that passed their screening for their 'keds shoe's' contract, all other art was mine. My hard drive died about 2 months ago it took 3 weeks before I was able to aqcuire & install a new one.Finally back online I see my email had three notices from zazzle & regarding 'their' issue with the stamp.The third notice stated they tried to contact me & deleted my account within three days.If i were sick or injured i don't believe they tried very hard at all to contact me because they also have your phone number!Also why delete the entire "approved" revenue generating products for one 'not yet verified' product seems very extreme and over the top to me.I guess it's because I'm not famous and rich like them.If I were famous like some of the celebrity designers they have on there i'm certain they would extend every courtesy toward maintaining my designs.I did sell 1 child's apron that my mom bought for my niece and I have yet to get payment royalty for that sale!I'm not happy with them at all, I called several times, the customer service don't know the zazzle administration & all they say is email them.I got zero response from several emails sent to them.I will re-register with them to give my art another opportunity to be purchased by those that want it.If this sort of problem occurs again you will see my complaints again and I may go further than this site.I appreciate the 'ComplaintsBoard' existence.I will check every site that I intend to engage with that involves monetary transactions from now on, recovering from scams or unscrupulous businesses is far from my expectations of living the american dream. - M.J.

7th of Mar, 2010

Zazzle has removed several of my products due to allegations of copyright violation. I have never used any copyrighted work. I know in particular who the allegations came from and know for an absolute fact none of their material is used in my products. My products are however satire of their products so perhaps they just dont like the satirical humor.

Zazzle offers no opportunity for artists to dispute allegations or defend their work. If they get an allegation they just remove the work mindlessly. I kept re-posting one work and it kept getting taken down until I actually got an attorney involved. Im searching for another attorney to bring a suit against Zazzle for their indiscriminate removal of work based on any allegation whatsoever without offering the artist an opportunity to dispute the allegation.

I understand them removing any work which actually violates copyright laws but apparently Zazzle knows absolutely nothing at all about actual copyright laws. Once I got the attorney involved to explain it to them on the one product they stopped removing it. I dont want to go through that with every product they decide to remove so I think a lawsuit to slap them upside the head might be in order.

• Sh
      23rd of Mar, 2010

Same with me. Several products (as of today) magically disappeared and I was told after the fact. Every single one of my designs is original and there are a few that are legally protected under the law as defined by "parody". The First Amendment guarantees protection to both parody and satire, yet this subtle distinction is utterly lost on the goons at Zazzle. I've notified the BBB and several high profile blogs (thinking about going to the news media next) with my particular dilemma. Not sure any of them will understand what exactly is at stake, other than a charming story about the "little guy" fighting a mega-corporation. Ugh.

1st of Feb, 2011
    Zazzle.com - Takes 12 days to receive a simple card
    zazzle.com

I ordered a card for my 30th wedding anniversary nine days before the event. I thought that this was plenty of time for such a simple order however it is yet to arrive. To be fair the small print does say 5 - 12 days but who a: reads the small print or b: expects anything to take that long these days. I would recommend that you make a card yourself on the computer - as I ended up doing!!!

• Ha
      1st of Mar, 2011

I spent hours and hours designing a calendar on Zazzle.com. I took great care to avoid trademarked text and images because I have had horror stories with Zazzle's arbitrary, incompetent and secretive content review policy. They make you play guessing games. They claim trademark/copyright violations but won't say exactly what. They claim image violations and then link me me to an image I photographed of an object I own!!! They make you try and guess if there is any complainant at all. And if you ask for any kind of reasonable details to fix the problem they say it cannot be divulged because of legal policy. Oh but it gets even better. This time around they removed the calendar from public sale AND ALSO removed it from my private list and even from my in-progress designs. It is completely gone. So I LOST HOURS AND HOURS of design work. Zazzle sucks.

• Gl
      18th of Mar, 2011
    Zazzle.com - They sent me the wrong product twice and missed my deadline for weeding invitation
    zazzle.com

Don't waste your time and money, they sent me the wrong product twice and missed my deadline for weeding invitation. Website look good but service and product horrible.. Not recommended at all, be carful

• Da
      12th of May, 2011
    Zazzle.com - Fraud
    California

Just found out there was a hold put on my credit card because zazzle.com tried to put a $2000 + charge on it . I've never had any business dealings with these people. Out and out FRAUD

14th of May, 2011

lol you are lucky you were saved!!! zazzle always blocks credit card fraud cases and cancels all orders regarding this!!! it was zazzle who saved you actually!
    MG

14th of May, 2011

yeah they missed your "wedding" deadline but they are always in time for "wedding" deadlines in fact even sooner!
    millions of bride order through zazzle and love what they receive, infact they base their whole wedding on zazzle invites!

14th of May, 2011

yeah they missed your "weeding" deadline but they are always in time for "wedding" deadlines in fact even sooner!

• Dd
      14th of May, 2011

You may not have ever done business with Zazzle, but who ever stole your CC number sure tried to. Sounds like Zazzle saved you from some serious heart ache.

• Aa
      16th of May, 2011

You should thank Zazzle for NOT charging it! Obviously your a victim of theft and it wasn't from ZAZZLE! Maybe you should apologize to Zazzle for the fraud comment and thank them instead?

• Aa
      16th of May, 2011

So Zazzle said it would take up to 12 days - and you knew this - Maybe you should have planned better? Just a thought. . .

• Wy
      26th of Jun, 2011
    Zazzle.com - The worst website to order anything
    zazzle.com

I had ordered a mousepad to be delivered to my friend as a gift and the website said it would be 15 working days for it to be delivered. It has been 3 more than 3 months now and it still has not been delivered. Also the website is bad, There is no customer service or contact numbers to call.

The worst website to order anything.

• Na
      13th of Jul, 2011

I agree with all of you above. I really believe that they should be hit with a class-action lawsuit. In my particular situation, I produced a line of t-shirt designs in response to the infamous Casey Anthony murder trial. I took what I figured was obviously in the public domain, and put a mug shot of Casey Anthony on the t-shirt along with some satirical text. Then I discovered all of my work magically disappeared. So, I created some more, and those were taken down, too. Then I discovered emails from Zazzle saying that my designs were being removed because they violated Zazzle's content policy. I emailed them back, and they said that "Zazzle has received a letter from attorneys representing the Estate of Caylee Marie Anthony." And, they never explained what exactly was in violation, so I assumed it was Casey's mug shot, but didn't agree how Casey could possibly be connected to Caylee in terms of alleged copyright over Casey the mother. Then I just left the satirical words on the shirt, no mention at all of Caylee. Guess what? Those, too, were removed with no clarification and no opportunity to defend the words I chose--no photos or images!. I requested the alleged letter Zazzle received from the purported attorneys representing the Estate of Caylee Marie Anthony, and Zazzle's response was that it was confidential. I really feel that the right attorney could go after the Estate of Caylee Marie Anthony for tortious interference with my dealings with Zazzle. Basically, Zazzle seems to be a cool company, but when you get into it, you are either a person who believes in free expression or you believe in Natziism.

• Bi
      3rd of Nov, 2011
    Zazzle.com - I ordered a t-shirt with a pumpkin on it over two weeks ago and it still hasn't come
    zazzle.com

Terrible service. I ordered a t-shirt with a pumpkin on it over two weeks ago and it still hasn't come. I don't need it now as Halloween has been and gone. It says on their website 3-5 days for delivery. When you look at the small print it says 3-5 days after manufacture and manufacture can take up to 12 days. Waste of time. Stay away!

• Ha
      21st of Dec, 2011
    Zazzle.com - Placed an order on 04/12/11 and still not received
    zazzle.com

Awful service. Placed an order on 04/12/11 and still not received. There is no tracking order to find out where the package is even though delivery charges were extremely expensive. I've emailed their customer service days ago and no reply. Do not use them.

• Di
      25th of Dec, 2011

Yes, they can make a big fuzz over the most simple item. Shipping time can be extremely long and the shipping costs are very high.

• Au
      9th of Jan, 2012
    Zazzle.com - Don't waste your money, time and stress with these people
    zazzle.com

First Order received damaged. Second Order never received, emails ignored. Don't waste your money, time and stress with these people...buy what you need locally!

• Re
      17th of Jan, 2012

I ordered two bumper stickers from Zazzle. I thought they were way overpriced. I received the order and simply thought that I would never deal with them again. Today I found that my credit card was billed for $9.95 for a "Black membership." I called to complain and was stunned by their convoluted "explanations" - I persisted and was transferred to a "supervisor" who again tried to convince me that I had agreed to purchase this "Black Membership." (Evidently this is hidden in the "fine print" somewhere on their site.) I made my point that their website clearly states in big letters right at the top "100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED" and that since I was NOT satisfied, i demanded a refund. I was told that my information would be forwarded to their "Finance Department" and that I would hear from them within 30 days. When I asked to be transferred to the "Finance Department" I was told that the "Finance Department" does not accept phone calls. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and with my credit card company. I will persist in my efforts to receive a FULL refund.