Zales - - Lakeline Austin, TX / rude customer service/possible rip off
I paid for my fiance's wedding band and everything went fine in the store, a little slow. I had to ask for a ring box and a bag, but it was somewhat alright in the store. This was at about 6 pm. A little before 9 pm; the store called and askedif I would mind giving them my credit card information again. I asked why, since I had signed a credit slip, I have a receipt and the warranty went through. They became very rude at this point and demand the information. I asked for a manager to clarify WHY the information was necessary. I did not feel it was necessary to give the information over the phone and I was more than willing to come up there the next day to sort out the situation. The manager tried to bully me into giving out my credit card over the phone and I refused. I've been the victim of ID theft and I never do anything over the phone and barely anything over the computer. I told her I wasn't comfortable with giving the information over the phone and that, again I'd be happy to come in. She told me they were going to prosecute me for stealing!!! I said I have a receipt here and I can get the information from the card company thatthe charge went through. I again explained I would only come in but she told me I was a thief and was lying. I'm still not sure what about. She hung up on and when I called back they refused to give me the customer service or regional managers name. I had to call the next day and get the iformation. The charge has cleared my card holder and I haven't been called again, but I will not be going into their store again. I will take my warranty somewhere else.
More Zales - - Lakeline Austin, TX Complaints & Reviews
- Zales - bad customer service and repair 
- Zales - rip off 
- Zales Jewelers - will not refund money for a returned item 
- Zales Engagement Rings - how can they get away with this stuff?! 
- Zales - wedding ring 
- Zales - not honoring lifetime diamond warranty
- Zale Jewelers / Zales.com - watches to be repaired
- Zale Jewelers / Zales.com - un-authorized purchase made on my debit card may 7, 2018
- Zale Jewelers / Zales.com - miss priced product.
- Zale Jewelers / Zales.com - engagement ring was not sent like online said it would be.