Zales / horrible repair and service

Carlsbad, United States Review updated:

Complaint!!!

My husband bought my ring 1 year ago at zales in the westfield mall in carlsbad, ca and i’ve loved it…until now. I have recently been having allergic reactions to my ring. After not wearing it for a couple months (It was in my jewelry box) I decided to take it into the store of which we bought it from. Not being able to afford a new ring they mentioned sending it in and having the rhodium cleaned and polished. The ring was ready for pickup four days later. As I got into my car I noticed one of the prongs holding the diamond in place was completely ground down and the engagement ring was completely bent. I immediately walked back into the store and complained. I was so upset. They didn’t notice anything wrong with the ring. They insisted that I had brought it in that way. They said sending it in again to repair those problems should help. It has now been two weeks and I have heard nothing about my ring. I have called and talked to just about every associate at this location. They all have no idea where the receipt which has the repair number is. The manager continues to tell me that their system is down and that she cant help me. I’ve also gotten a lot of, & ldquo;can I put you on hold?” and, & ldquo;let me call you back. & rdquo; sad enough to say, even when they figure out where my ring is, I will be taking it into another place to see if the diamonds are even real. I am extremely frustrated and I will never buy another piece of jewelry from here nor will I ever suggest zales to anyone. Horrible!!!

Ju
Aug 11, 2014

Comments

•   Aug 15, 2014

Hi justicex0 after reading your complaint here, it seems to me that your ring has a NICKEL ALLOY in it. Which means that you're allergic to the NICKEL ALLOY this gold was mixed with upon this ring being made. I will also inform you that a RHODIUM PLATING will NEVER cause you to have any allergic reactions to your ring.

RHODIUM is a member of the PLATINUM FAMILY and it is also HYPO-ALLERGENIC. It's very unfortunate that many of these chain jewelry stores are not forthcoming with what they're selling to their perspective jewelry customers!