Zales / false advertisement!

Warning : don't ever buy jewelry from zales. Last december I received a jewelry set from my boyfriends mother. It was a lab created sapphire and diamond accent ring and necklace. The description stated that it was 10k white gold. When I got the ring it did not fit, but fortunately she sent the reciept with me because she had a feeling it wouldn't fit because they only came in size 7 and i'm a five. She purchased the ring in tri cities and I live a few hours away so armed with my receipt and everything still packaged I went to a local zales they were very rude and told me under no circumstances do they do exchanges. So my boyfriends mother was kind of enough to take it back to the zales she purchased it from and got it re-sized. It took almost 3 months to resize. I then got it back sometime around february and I hardly wear it. I only wear it on special occasions and I take excellent care of my jewelry. I have had the ring about 5 months and its chipping!!! All the shiny silver stuff is peeling off it and underneath it just looks awful, tacky and cheap. 10k white gold my ###. I suggest going to another jewelry store to make a purchase, especially if you are buying a gift for somebody.

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Sep, 2007

I never have to face such problems but I generally shop through Zales, Diamond.com, Ice.com like stores through CouponAlbum site (http://www.couponalbum.com) along with coupons.

• Ju
      1st of Apr, 2009

Just an FYI--white gold is always plated with a substance called rhodium, to give it its "white" color. White gold actually has a yellowish cast to it, and will need to be replated every so often to keep its color.