Yes Loans / scam

1 Scotland, Strathclyde, United Kingdom Review updated:

i called to get a loan from yes loans as i had bad credit they said i could get one however they had to take £69.50 out of my bank, they cut me off before i got to the end of the phone call and took the money out my bank, i tried calling back and couldnt get through once, they kept cutting off, they are disgusting have no customer skills at all, this is a SCAM do not use this company!!

H

Comments

• Jm
      18th of Nov, 2009

On 21st September 2009 Yes loans debited my bank account for a £69.50 fee for a loan application. I did not agree for Yes Loans to debit my account on this date. I called Yes loans regarding the debit from my account requested a refund and informed them that I did not want to proceed with any loan application. The agent on he phone informed me that Yes Loans required a letter to be sent to the office address to comply with the terms and conditions for refunds. I was advised by Yes Loans that customers are required to request a refund by letter and a cheque will be returned in 30 days. I sent a letter dated 29th September and asked for a full refund. Yes loans did not reply, I rang the Yes Loans office and was palmed off with excuses an operator who informed the cheque will be sent on 30th October. On the 7th of November I rang Yes Loans again as the cheque had not arrived and was given the excuse that the postal strike delayed the cheque. I sent a further letter to Yes Loans requesting my money back. Again no reply. I have spend over £10.00 in telephone calls and postage to this company. I contacted the Financial Ombudsman and made a formal complaint about Yes loans. I am still waiting for a refund. This company should be shut down, as the very poor service does not comply with the FSA or the Banking Code. PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH YES LOANS AT ALL AND WARN EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

• Re
      14th of May, 2010

I cannot believe I have just fallen for this scam!! I needed a loan fast so spoke to someone from yes loans yesterday as they seemed quite a reputable company, (they are about 4th on the list when you google loans) I was on the phone for an hour, spoke to 3 different people and then in the end I was offered debt consoldation rather than a loan! I don't even have any debt (1 credit card with a really low amount!) I have checked my bank as I gave my bank details (how stupid) as I was told they were needed for a credit check and they have taken £69.50 today from my account!! I have spoken to my bank who has advised there is nothing they can do, they will raise an investigation on my behalf but wont refund me as I willingly handed over my bank details. Now I feel like such an idiot!! I cannot believe I fell for this, looking at other websites this company has been doing this for over 2 years and majority of people have still not had their money refunded. I have been on hold now for 2 hours and 10 minutes to the 'customer service department' and still have not got through, i keep calling the main sales number and get through within seconds and now as soon as I mention I have been on hold to the customer services tem for so long they put the phone down! I am seriously considering cancelling my bank card so they cannot take any more money from my bank without permission. The only ting I am going to learn out of this is to make sure I check these kind of websites before I ever hand over money or bank details!! I can kiss my £70 goodbye don't think I will ever see that again!