yelp.comfraud

Let me start by saying that I am a business owner, whose business is obviously listed on Yelp.com. We had good & bad reviews as any other place, but more good ones, total of 47 reviews sine we've been in the business for over 6 years.
Couple of months ago I got a phone call from a Yelp.com sales representative (whose name was Mathew) offering me to advertise on Yelp.com for about $300 per week, which I of course declined. A couple of days later yelp.com removed 42 of my companies' reviews!!! Leaving us with only bad reviews...this type of activity is clearly fraudulent so please sway away from yelp.com!!!

Comments

• Da
      Jan 29, 2012

The very same thing happened to our business as well as a friend of mines from Miami! We had plenty of 5 star reviews, a few months ago we received a phone call from Yelp asking if we would like to advertise for somewhere around $350 monthly. We declined and the next day all of our reviews were gone and there was a 1 star horrible review left in their place. We are so upset and just have no clue how this could be legal. I know of other business owners that have had similar experiences, one damaged so badly by the bad reviews that they have jumped onto one of the many class action lawsuits.