Yatra.com / hotel booking not confirmed inspite of full payment

1 India Review updated:

On 11th October 2007, I made a booking in the Delta Residency Hotel in Goa for 13th to 16th November from the Yatra.com site. I made a payment with my debit card, which means that the amount was transferred immediately. In a couple of days I got the voucher from Yatra in my email with the confirmation number.

On the 29th of October 2007, I called up the Hotel to check my booking before I made my final travel plans. I was shocked to learn that the hotel had no booking in my name! So where has my money gone?

I was contacted about 15 minutes later by a person from Yatra who said that he is checking with the hotel, and he would get back to me.

Another 20-25 minutes later, I called up this person who told me that he is booking a room for me in another hotel Linda Goa belonging to the same chain. He said that the room tariff there is higher, but he is getting the room in the same tariff as I had booked. He is going to let me know the ultimate result on October 30th. So what happens if he is not able to get a room there either?

I checked the reviews for Linda Goa online and saw very bad ones.

If I hadn't bothered checking with Delta Residency in advance, it would have been a very embarassing situation for me and my family. We would have been in Goa without a room inspite of having made a payment for one.

So my questions are:

What happens when we book a hotel room through Yatra.com? Is the room actually booked for us or not? If it is not booked, why do they take money from us and that too the entire payment, not the token payment?

Meghana

Comments

Si
  12th of Jul, 2009

Same version of the incident repeated by YATRA.com:

Dear All,

I made a hotel booking through YATRA.com for my guests and to my surprise the hotel said that YATRA.com is not paying them the money hence the booking is not confirmed. This is absolutely ridiculous. Now what about my guests? Where do I ask them to stay? I trusted YATRA.com, made the payment and now the booking is cancelled. All my money is lost. I will now be taking up this matter with Consumer court if my money is not given back to me. OTHERS do not make any reservation through YATRA.com. THey are complete liars and cannot keep up to the commitment.

If Yatra representative is reading this, you may reach me at cyberchamp@gmail.com

Regards,