Yatra.com / hotel booking not confirmed inspite of full payment
On 11th October 2007, I made a booking in the Delta Residency Hotel in Goa for 13th to 16th November from the Yatra.com site. I made a payment with my debit card, which means that the amount was transferred immediately. In a couple of days I got the voucher from Yatra in my email with the confirmation number.
On the 29th of October 2007, I called up the Hotel to check my booking before I made my final travel plans. I was shocked to learn that the hotel had no booking in my name! So where has my money gone?
I was contacted about 15 minutes later by a person from Yatra who said that he is checking with the hotel, and he would get back to me.
Another 20-25 minutes later, I called up this person who told me that he is booking a room for me in another hotel Linda Goa belonging to the same chain. He said that the room tariff there is higher, but he is getting the room in the same tariff as I had booked. He is going to let me know the ultimate result on October 30th. So what happens if he is not able to get a room there either?
I checked the reviews for Linda Goa online and saw very bad ones.
If I hadn't bothered checking with Delta Residency in advance, it would have been a very embarassing situation for me and my family. We would have been in Goa without a room inspite of having made a payment for one.
So my questions are:
What happens when we book a hotel room through Yatra.com? Is the room actually booked for us or not? If it is not booked, why do they take money from us and that too the entire payment, not the token payment?
More Yatra.com Complaints & Reviews
- Yatra.com - tickets not booked, but yatra debited money and still not refunding the same 
- Yatra.com - online fraudulent booking 
- Yatra - fraud and cheating! 
- Yatra.com - confirmed tickets are invalid after paying in full 
- [Resolved] Yatra.com - non refund of cancelled air ticket 
- Yatra Online - hotel booking - wrong room
- Yatra Online - yh4474836: yatra missed to cover few places in my andaman trip
- Yatra Online - unprofessional service
- [Resolved] Yatra Online - refund not received
- [Resolved] Yatra.com - fraud