Having problems with Yatra Online?

1860 200 0800 (Domestic Flights)
1860 200 0500 (International Flights)
1860 200 1800 (Domestic Holidays)
1860 200 0900 (International Holidays & Hotels)
1860 200 1000 (Domestic Hotels)
+91 955 580 0800 (Customer Service)
11th Floor, Tower B, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector 39
Gurgaon
India - 122001

Complaints & Reviews

fraud booking

I had made a booking for a return flight through my net banking and the amount of Rs.7687 was charged by the Yatra.com but the tickets were not been delivered saying that the system had some error. but when i checked my state bank account, the money had been transfered to yatra account. i had called them and they said that they will be refunding the money in 3-5 working days, its been 17 days now and they havent returned me the money. when called they say that the senior department is looking into the matter and when insisted to talk they say that the senior team is very busy. they are a total gang of frauds

please tell me how to go about the legal procedure.

Karan Arora

non-refundable ticket was sold saying refundable

During the time of reservation i was told my ticket is refundable with minimal penalty for cancellation. I trusted and booked my ticket thinking i am getting better price. Now i want to cancel it Yatra says it is non refundable ticket. I lost $1200 for a wrong information give by an agent. I called and emailed serval time to talk to some who can do the right either give my refund of get a ticket for another date with out paying extra, but i was just ignored. Any thing they say over the phone please make sure to have them send email other dont even book it.

yatra fraudent

This is to bring to your notice that while booking 2 tickets for my husband and myself from Mumbai to Kolkatta and Kolkatta to Mumbai on 13 -Aug-09 we booked the ticket through there travel consultant and he has confirmed the ticket and an amount of Rs 13468.58/- was charged.Few days back when I Tried taking out the print it showed the ticket status as unconfirmed .We spoke to Yatra.com and also wrote to them that the amount has been deducted and the ticket status is showing unconfirmed.

They gave us the Yatra Reference no.4116027 and said that they will be responding shortly.

I have forwarded them the credit card statement also.

But no response has come till date for refund of deducted money.

Yatra Care Sep 15, 2009

Dear Geetika,

Thanks for your feedback.

We would like to inform you that the booking made over phone was confirmed and e-tickets have been sent to you for the same. The Reference number for the booking is XF9M9C.

The booking which you made online was actually denied by your bank and hence the confusion. Please be assured that Yatra has charged only for the confirmed booking as stated above.

Please feel free to contact should there be questions.

Sincerely,

Yatra Care
    email: [email protected]

pathetic service

If you have booked for a travel with Yathra Travels . You are risking your life.

I would like to share my travel experience with them. I booked 3 tickets with them to travel to Trivandrum which is my native place from Bangalore on 15/8/2009 .This was the first time I am travelling with them . During my 13 years travel back and forth to kerala, I never had a worst experience as this.I had traveled in almost all other travels which has service to kerala from Bangalore.

The worst one which I would like to remember is the one with Yathra travels.
I was travelling with my 6 year old daughter and my family. There were around 5 drivers/staff in the driver cabin and everyone was trying their driving skills enroute to kerala and risking the life of around 30 + members in the bus. These drivers who are in their early 20's were either trying to test their driving skills or fully drunk. In either case this was the worst kind of drivers I have seen in any travels which I have travelled.

At some point we really doubted if we would be able to finish the journey.

To add to this kind of Excellent driving skills, the bus broke down once as the fan belt in the engine went off. Then 4 times thay have to fix the A/c as it was not working and once a flat tire. All this can be tolerated as these are unavoidable. But the kind of rash driving which was exhibited by their professional drivers are unforgivable.

My point is Never YATHRA TRAVELS again !!!.

canceled flights and no refunds even after 4 months

Yatra.com is a Fraud/Scam site which takes your money but never refunds money for airline canceled flight, and there customer service runs
on the golden rule of frustrating the customer and forcing them to go away.

We had the misfortune to book our tickets through Yatra.com for domestic flight from Raipur to Bombay for Jan-2009.
Just two days before the flight we were told by Kingfisher airline that our flight has been canceled, forcing us to scramble to get new reservation at premium price. Point to be noted that Yatra.com didnt
even bother to send us an email/phone/text msg about the canceled flight.

The part two of the horror story continued when we called Yatra.com and asked them to refund us the money paid for the flight canceled by Kingfisher.

It has been over 4 months and numerous phone call
to Yatra customer and still no refund in sight.

Every time I call I get the same stock reply that
we have called Kingfisher and we are processing your refund and you should get the refund back in 7-10 days.

ticket not booked

DO NOT BOOK WITH YATRA.
I had a confirmed booking and my money was deducted immediately. But when I turned up at the airport, the airline informed me that no reservation had been made. I managed to book another ticket at the spot and tried chasing Yatra.com for my refund.
LOUSIEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I was promised a refund 3 times and I am still chasing it a 3 weeks later. They can't find my reference number, their telephone lines do not work, they promise a call-back and nothing happens, etc, etc, etc.
To add insult to injury, I spent about 25£ in roaming charges. Nobody has apologised or agreed to compensate me for the hassle, expense and stress this sorry affair has cost me.
So, don't book with Yatra.com if you want stress free travel.Wish I had checked them up online before I used their website. There are loads of irate customers.

• Ka
    Karan Saigal Jun 14, 2009

Dear Sir,

I do not received booking flight ticket but I had have already paid Rs 2108 for Jetlite flight No S2-233 date 06/07/2009 but i booked date 14 June 2009. My Reference No is IG08208483 FOR YATRA TRANSACTION. PLEASE REFUND RS 2108. my id is [email protected] regards Karan

non - receipt of cashback of rs. 10000

Re: booking ref no: yt1156953
I booked the ticket from mumbai to cincinnati, usa by delta through yatra around 1st feb. , 2008 and i gave the credit card of my nephew - ashok madnani. Before i could fax authorisation letter from him, as required, i got a call on my cell from ms. Ritika thakur, informing me that i am not entitled for the cashback of rs. 10, 000, since the credit card is not in my name. I asked her that i have got add - on american express dollar card from my son, who is settled in usa, will do. She confirmed and i sent her the scans of my card, authorisation letter, passport and usa visa on 5th feb. 2008, i was issued an e - ticket by yatra, confirming my booking on delta - bombay to cincinnati on 9th april, 2008 and returning on 8th oct. , 2008. I was entitled for cash back of rs. 10, 000, which ought to have been credited to my credit card within one month from the date of the booking.
On arrival in cincinnati, my son confirmed that there is no credit of cashback of rs. 10, 000 ($250 approx.) in my account.

A sum of $1213. 79 were debited to my american express card was debited. At the same time an amount of rs. 46, 901 was charged to the citibank credit card of nephew - ashok madnani, which was disputed by my nephew.

I sent few e - mails to ms. Ritika thakur, who was regularly in contact on email. But the same were returned. Yatra’s window for ‘complaints’ doesn’t open, nor there is any window to send email to them. I tried to send message through their”suggestions” window but there is no response. I don’t know what to do?

Prem lalwaney

systematic theft!

Yatra.com issued me my non-refundable tickets to the wrong address, allowing them to be signed for by someone other than myself. The staff are liars and cheats, telling you one thing and doing another. I was robbed of 17000 rupees by these people. They promised me a refund after going in to their office in person, months later this refund was never given. From the highest echelons of management it seems they are told to lie to customers and promise refunds without any intention of granting them.

Do not be tricked like I was, do NOT shop with these corporate thieves!!!

online fraudulent booking

A message is received from ICICI bank 14/11/2007 at 1602 hrs stating to have made a transaction of INR...

hotel booking not confirmed inspite of full payment

On 11th October 2007, I made a booking in the Delta Residency Hotel in Goa for 13th to 16th November from the Yatra.com site. I made a payment with my debit card, which means that the amount was transferred immediately. In a couple of days I got the voucher from Yatra in my email with the confirmation number.

On the 29th of October 2007, I called up the Hotel to check my booking before I made my final travel plans. I was shocked to learn that the hotel had no booking in my name! So where has my money gone?

I was contacted about 15 minutes later by a person from Yatra who said that he is checking with the hotel, and he would get back to me.

Another 20-25 minutes later, I called up this person who told me that he is booking a room for me in another hotel Linda Goa belonging to the same chain. He said that the room tariff there is higher, but he is getting the room in the same tariff as I had booked. He is going to let me know the ultimate result on October 30th. So what happens if he is not able to get a room there either?

I checked the reviews for Linda Goa online and saw very bad ones.

If I hadn't bothered checking with Delta Residency in advance, it would have been a very embarassing situation for me and my family. We would have been in Goa without a room inspite of having made a payment for one.

So my questions are:

What happens when we book a hotel room through Yatra.com? Is the room actually booked for us or not? If it is not booked, why do they take money from us and that too the entire payment, not the token payment?

Meghana

• Si
    Sidd Jul 12, 2009

Same version of the incident repeated by YATRA.com:

Dear All,

I made a hotel booking through YATRA.com for my guests and to my surprise the hotel said that YATRA.com is not paying them the money hence the booking is not confirmed. This is absolutely ridiculous. Now what about my guests? Where do I ask them to stay? I trusted YATRA.com, made the payment and now the booking is cancelled. All my money is lost. I will now be taking up this matter with Consumer court if my money is not given back to me. OTHERS do not make any reservation through YATRA.com. THey are complete liars and cannot keep up to the commitment.

If Yatra representative is reading this, you may reach me at [email protected]

Sidd

fraudulent transaction on www.yatra.com

This is to bring to your notice that while booking 4 tickets for 4 relatives for the indigo flight from calcutta to bombay on 1st Oct'2007 (Monday) we had encountered a problem as a result of which our transaction couldn't go through. Nevertheless we were charged an amount of Rs 14336/- , we received a call from yatra on saturday (29th sept) that the amount would be refunded immediately in a space of 3-5 working days. Its been 2 weeks since then and inspite of repeated phone calls to the yatra team the amount has not been refunded. On calling HDFC they said they couldn't do anything unless the yatra guys reverted back to them. Now HDFC expects me to pay the amount, i have been a HDFC credit card holder for the last 1.5 years and inspite of having a perfect record they are meting out this kind of callous treatment. Beware!

fraud and cheating!

I had booked for Hotel in Lakshwadeep in Agatti Beach Resort wherein i hade made cancellation for the same...

[Resolved] tickets not booked, but yatra debited money and still not refunding the same

I tried booking a domestic air ticket for Paramount Airways flight thru yatra.com. Things went fine till the...

unreliable company!

I myself being a travel agent, send a query to yatra.com on friday 9th of june 2007 regarding amarnath yatra, next day a representative of yatra.com contacted me and confirmed me the availability of helicopter tickets to the amarnath cave ex-baltal and back... we settled everything for payment and other issues. Now i contacted my own clients who were in need of the helicopter tickets and collected payments from them for 30 tickets and since then i have been calling up yatra.com representatives and now they are saying that we don't sell tickets. The situation for me is very embarrassing as for now that representative is not even answering my calls inspite being given reminders for more than 15 times.

• Ne
    Neha Verma Jun 13, 2007

It is a highly unreliable company... the cost escalated 1.5 times of the original amount we agreed on, highly unprofessional staff!! They almost harass their customers, I would not recommend anyone to avail their services...

no delivery of air ticket!

I booked round trip Delhi -Chennai-Delhi Indian Airlines tickets through Yatra on 20.05.07 payment by credit card, neither I have received the paper ticket nor PNR numbers of both flights to print the tickets.Booking ref. is VB4FK7. Dates of flights are 8th and 17th June 2007. [protected]@yatra.com not responding.

H.K.Chaturvedi Advocate Agra

• He
    Hemandra Kumar Chaturvedi Jun 03, 2007

You providing very useful service, whether it effects?

• Sh
    Shivam Chaturvedi Oct 20, 2007

If such remains the condition even after several years of e-commercing then the majority can justify the apprehension regarding the online banking and marketing.

• Vo
    Vohra hasanali Mar 24, 2008

R/sir, REF NO 1CG8UW PNRPNUIPS TICKET NO 5895674346717 FLIGHT DETAILS 9W 632 24MAR MONDAY AHMEDABAD KOLKATA WAS CANCELLED. CANC REF NO X1601. CANC CHARGE:NIL KINDLY FULL REFUND SHOULD BE CREDITED IN MY CREDIT CARD NO 4477 4638 2562 1010 OF ICICI BANK. IT IS A VISA CARD. THANKING YOU,

non issue of ticket

This complaint I am scripting in out-and-out disappointment & frustration while executing my first endeavor on yatra.com for a Air Ticket between Srinagar – Delhi for 26th May 07. I got a good match for my travel and the price offered was tempting enough to book the IA flight. Everything went even till the Confirm step. I typed in my particulars gave my credit card details but then get the error. This occurs twice and have no confirmation on the booking either time. On both the occasions my credit card has been charged and no tickets issued.

I called up the call center first it was killing wait for 9.35 mins before I finally heard a human voice rather than an IVR. Prime thing is that the quality of the executives is so pathetic that they can speak courteous or proper English and rather than giving an assistance try to threaten & intimidate you that your ticket will not be issued. They are denying any issue of ticket just telling me take the refund and go off.

Now here is what I looking forward from yatra: The search result has given me a price for IA flight for INR 2800. I need this ticket at the same price

• Ra
    RAJASEKERAN METHIRAM Feb 09, 2008

I have booked my return ticket from calcutta to Hyderabad on 25.02.08 and i am yet to receive my ticket on line or thru my net. I agree there was a spelling mistake in my mail id.hence the ticket may kindly mailed to my above mail id immediately to ease my travel.

Methiram

3 tks booked on following names:

Avtar Singh
    Sukhdeep Kaur
    Rajdeep S Dogra

No mail confirmation reced till date. Money debited

Journy Dt: 3.12.08 (Delhi to Kolkata)

Code CJY7PA Booking date 29.10.08

Please send e-tkt on above mail ID
    Avtar Singh
    Ph 09431131204(Jamshedpur)

confirmed tickets are invalid after paying in full

I would like to bring to your notice a case of severe negligence on part of Yatra.com, resulting in financial loss and unnecessary harassment to a genuine customer.

I had to travel from Mumbai to Kolkata, and was looking out for good bargains for air fares. I visited various online booking sites and airline web sites with the intention of getting the best deal. I found a few good deals some sites. After evaluation and computation, I found an offer at Yatra.com to be good. Although the ticket was priced higher than some other deals on offer at that time, Yatra.com and ICICI had a 30 per cent cash back offer for ICICI Gold Card holders. So, although I was missing out on cheaper tickets on other sites, I decided to book with Yatra.com and ICICI, in view of the 30 per cent cash-back. I did not know that a horrific surprise was in store for me!

I booked the Mumbai-Kolkata (IC- 675) ticket at www.yatra.com on May 9, 2007, at around 12 noon. After confirming availability online, the site requested for my credit card information and the ticket amount was instantaneously deducted from my card. Later, in about 5 minutes, I received a confirmation email from Yatra.com, thanking me for booking the ticket and providing the flight details. I thought I had just finished one important item on my To-Do list. But the ordeal was far from over!

Somehow, it struck me that I should reconfirm the booking with Indian Airlines. I called the Indian Airlines call centre, and was shocked to hear that there is no booking in my name. As I had received a confirmation from Yatra.com and my card account was also debited, I insisted with the airline official to check again. The airline official reconfirmed that there was no booking in my name.

I tried to get in touch with Yatra.com. Surprisingly, they don’t have local contact numbers. There is a toll-free number accessible only from MTNL/BSNL land lines, and a helping number at the Gurgaon office. This meant paying STD rates for getting help. I decided to correspond through e-mail. I sent them an e-mail informing them that Indian Airlines does not have my booking in their database. I got a prompt e-mail response informing me that my booking has been cancelled due to an error in the Indian-Airlines system. I was shocked and called their Gurgaon contact number. The official insisted that it was a technical problem with the Indian Airlines server. Their mail also said that they tried calling me several times. However, the call register in my phone does not show even a single missed call.

However, a genuine customer has suffered. I have not only lost out on good fares from other sites (These days, fares increase by the hour!), but am also having to go through unnecessary stress and tension, besides the monetary loss. The amount has not yet been credited back to my account.

I cannot understand how a booking can first be confirmed and then again be reversed due to a technical problem. Am not sure where the technical problem occurred, or whether the great deals at Yatra.com are just an eye-wash. Did they get someone who was ready to pay more for the same ticket? Such questions remain unanswered.

I would be grateful if we, through your esteemed publication, can help uncover and answer these questions. I would like to take this up at various forums including newspapers, travel publications and sites, consumer forums and government agencies such as MRTP, so that people are not misled by such advertisements, which appear very good, but are far from true. If required, I am also ready to use RTI and get more information.

Arkaprovo Chakrabarty

• Pr
    Pradeep007 Dec 07, 2010

Same this happened to me today. I am totally frustrated with YATRA.COM. They confirmed my tickets yesterday & today they sent a mail saying the ticket is cancelled. When called, they give the reason saying the prise at which the ticket was booked was invalid, its a system error. Now whose fault is it ? YATRA SUCKS.

• Vi
    Vikki Sosa Apr 17, 2011

I tried to book tickets through Yatra.com. I thought everything was fine until at the end of the booking process the system said tickets were not booked. I went to a different air ticket site and bought my ticket there.

I forgot about the incident until I saw my bank statement with a transaction from Yatra.com for the tickets that were not booked.

I contacted Yatra.com and they told me the money will be credited back to my account in a week or or. It's been three weeks and I am still missing this money on my account.

Yatra Team Apr 18, 2011

Hi Vikki Sosa,

We are extremely regretful of the inconvenience faced by you but request you not to worry now that we are here. We'd request you to share your Yatra ref # here so that we can look into our records and get back to you on this ASAP.

Thanks and regards,

Near Hero Honda Chowk
    Sector-34
    Gurgaon-122001

Dear sir,
    This has a reference your holiday voucher dated04.03.2011, whose details are as below-
    1- Booking reference:YT428900
    2- Booked by: Club Vacation
    3- Booking date:10.02.2011
    4- Voucher No.:15489
    5- Voucher issue date:03.03.2011
    In reference to above cited matter, I hereby submit that-
    I have been given a trip for Dubai, as per schedule I reached Jaipur Airport on 7.3.2011 to board the flight()G9-Air Arabia and submitted all the relevant paper and boarding pass was issued to me but at Immigration Counter, the officer did not allowed in absence of OK TO BOARD which was to be tagged by your company. Inspite of showing our paper VISA they did not allowed me. The Officer said me that it is the negligence of my trip organizer who have not tagged it our visas. I tried your office to contact but it was not fruit full.
    The tour Operator, requested me to purchase new air ticket for the next day ie. 08.03.2011..At last I did the same thing and mailed him the same .with his kind efforts he was able to provide me the valid tickets and I was able to board for Dubai on 08.03.2011.

I hereby submitted that the the additional financial Burdon caused to me may kindly be remitted as below-
    1-Cost of purchase of new ticket for Sharjah=Rs.23723/-
    2-One day accommodation charges which I could not availed=68070/5=Rs13674/-
    3-One day additional stay at Jaipur and transportation=5000/-
    4-Compensation on account of additional physical excursions
    and psychological harassment=Rs.10000/-
    Total=Rs.52397
    I hope you will attend my complaint within ten days otherwise I will be free to attain the legal action.

Submitted for necessary action

Kota (Raj)-324005
    (M)09829047737

Yatra Team May 04, 2011

Dear Dr. Bhatnagar,

We took care of your visa & land (hotel and the tour) part on the above-mentioned Dubai package. The air tickets were not booked from our end. The required immigration details were supposed to be sent directly to the airlines by the air ticket agency you initially booked from. Would request you to kindly raise the concern with the air ticket agency. We only had your flight details while booking the package. We did the needful when you purchased the new ticket for the next day's travel. We hope this helps resolve your concerns.

Best Regards
    Team Yatra.com

yatra charged money but did not book the ticket!

I bought an international ticket from ay to New York and back on Yatra.com and paid via my credit card an amount of Rs 94184. The amount was charged to my credit card and yatra sent me an itenarary proving the same. Now when I called Air India on the 12th of March I find the ticket was cancelled by the airline as the ticket was not issued by Yatra by the line.

I have been emailing and calling yatra for the last 18 hours with no response. Every time they assure me and nothing happens.

I am supposed to fly on the 12 March night (today) and payed huge sums of money for lodge and business meetings and the ticket has not yet been confirmed by yatra.

This is such a ridiculous case.

NEVER BUY TICKETS FROM YATRA!

• Kk
    k kamal kumar Jul 09, 2007

I have been charged an amount of Rs.2331.51 dt 6th june to my credit card. No tickets were booked or confirmed during that period and moreover the amount has been opted for payment in 3 EMI's at Rs.777.17

I never opt for EMI payments and I would make full settlement only. I need to know entire details of this transaction.

• Si
    Sidd Jul 12, 2009

Dear All,

If Yatra representative is reading this, you may reach me at [email protected]

Sidd

[Resolved] non refund of cancelled air ticket

I booked an air ticket through yatra.com on 9/12/2006 booking no KPY6AJ). I cancelled it on 11/12/2006 and i...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices