Having problems with Yatra Online?

1860 200 0800 (Domestic Flights)
1860 200 0500 (International Flights)
1860 200 1800 (Domestic Holidays)
1860 200 0900 (International Holidays & Hotels)
1860 200 1000 (Domestic Hotels)
+91 955 580 0800 (Customer Service)
11th Floor, Tower B, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector 39
Gurgaon
India - 122001

Complaints & Reviews

unreliable company!

I myself being a travel agent, send a query to yatra.com on friday 9th of june 2007 regarding amarnath yatra, next day a representative of yatra.com contacted me and confirmed me the availability of helicopter tickets to the amarnath cave ex-baltal and back... we settled everything for payment and other issues. Now i contacted my own clients who were in need of the helicopter tickets and collected payments from them for 30 tickets and since then i have been calling up yatra.com representatives and now they are saying that we don't sell tickets. The situation for me is very embarrassing as for now that representative is not even answering my calls inspite being given reminders for more than 15 times.

• Ne
    Neha Verma Jun 13, 2007

It is a highly unreliable company... the cost escalated 1.5 times of the original amount we agreed on, highly unprofessional staff!! They almost harass their customers, I would not recommend anyone to avail their services...

no delivery of air ticket!

I booked round trip Delhi -Chennai-Delhi Indian Airlines tickets through Yatra on 20.05.07 payment by credit card, neither I have received the paper ticket nor PNR numbers of both flights to print the tickets.Booking ref. is VB4FK7. Dates of flights are 8th and 17th June 2007. [protected]@yatra.com not responding.

H.K.Chaturvedi Advocate Agra

• He
    Hemandra Kumar Chaturvedi Jun 03, 2007

You providing very useful service, whether it effects?

• Sh
    Shivam Chaturvedi Oct 20, 2007

If such remains the condition even after several years of e-commercing then the majority can justify the apprehension regarding the online banking and marketing.

• Vo
    Vohra hasanali Mar 24, 2008

R/sir, REF NO 1CG8UW PNRPNUIPS TICKET NO 5895674346717 FLIGHT DETAILS 9W 632 24MAR MONDAY AHMEDABAD KOLKATA WAS CANCELLED. CANC REF NO X1601. CANC CHARGE:NIL KINDLY FULL REFUND SHOULD BE CREDITED IN MY CREDIT CARD NO 4477 4638 2562 1010 OF ICICI BANK. IT IS A VISA CARD. THANKING YOU,

non issue of ticket

This complaint I am scripting in out-and-out disappointment & frustration while executing my first endeavor on yatra.com for a Air Ticket between Srinagar – Delhi for 26th May 07. I got a good match for my travel and the price offered was tempting enough to book the IA flight. Everything went even till the Confirm step. I typed in my particulars gave my credit card details but then get the error. This occurs twice and have no confirmation on the booking either time. On both the occasions my credit card has been charged and no tickets issued.

I called up the call center first it was killing wait for 9.35 mins before I finally heard a human voice rather than an IVR. Prime thing is that the quality of the executives is so pathetic that they can speak courteous or proper English and rather than giving an assistance try to threaten & intimidate you that your ticket will not be issued. They are denying any issue of ticket just telling me take the refund and go off.

Now here is what I looking forward from yatra: The search result has given me a price for IA flight for INR 2800. I need this ticket at the same price

• Ra
    RAJASEKERAN METHIRAM Feb 09, 2008

I have booked my return ticket from calcutta to Hyderabad on 25.02.08 and i am yet to receive my ticket on line or thru my net. I agree there was a spelling mistake in my mail id.hence the ticket may kindly mailed to my above mail id immediately to ease my travel.

Methiram

3 tks booked on following names:

Avtar Singh
    Sukhdeep Kaur
    Rajdeep S Dogra

No mail confirmation reced till date. Money debited

Journy Dt: 3.12.08 (Delhi to Kolkata)

Code CJY7PA Booking date 29.10.08

Please send e-tkt on above mail ID
    Avtar Singh
    Ph 09431131204(Jamshedpur)

[Resolved] confirmed tickets are invalid after paying in full

I would like to bring to your notice a case of severe negligence on part of Yatra.com, resulting in financial loss and unnecessary harassment to a genuine customer.

I had to travel from Mumbai to Kolkata, and was looking out for good bargains for air fares. I visited various online booking sites and airline web sites with the intention of getting the best deal. I found a few good deals some sites. After evaluation and computation, I found an offer at Yatra.com to be good. Although the ticket was priced higher than some other deals on offer at that time, Yatra.com and ICICI had a 30 per cent cash back offer for ICICI Gold Card holders. So, although I was missing out on cheaper tickets on other sites, I decided to book with Yatra.com and ICICI, in view of the 30 per cent cash-back. I did not know that a horrific surprise was in store for me!

I booked the Mumbai-Kolkata (IC- 675) ticket at www.yatra.com on May 9, 2007, at around 12 noon. After confirming availability online, the site requested for my credit card information and the ticket amount was instantaneously deducted from my card. Later, in about 5 minutes, I received a confirmation email from Yatra.com, thanking me for booking the ticket and providing the flight details. I thought I had just finished one important item on my To-Do list. But the ordeal was far from over!

Somehow, it struck me that I should reconfirm the booking with Indian Airlines. I called the Indian Airlines call centre, and was shocked to hear that there is no booking in my name. As I had received a confirmation from Yatra.com and my card account was also debited, I insisted with the airline official to check again. The airline official reconfirmed that there was no booking in my name.

I tried to get in touch with Yatra.com. Surprisingly, they don’t have local contact numbers. There is a toll-free number accessible only from MTNL/BSNL land lines, and a helping number at the Gurgaon office. This meant paying STD rates for getting help. I decided to correspond through e-mail. I sent them an e-mail informing them that Indian Airlines does not have my booking in their database. I got a prompt e-mail response informing me that my booking has been cancelled due to an error in the Indian-Airlines system. I was shocked and called their Gurgaon contact number. The official insisted that it was a technical problem with the Indian Airlines server. Their mail also said that they tried calling me several times. However, the call register in my phone does not show even a single missed call.

However, a genuine customer has suffered. I have not only lost out on good fares from other sites (These days, fares increase by the hour!), but am also having to go through unnecessary stress and tension, besides the monetary loss. The amount has not yet been credited back to my account.

I cannot understand how a booking can first be confirmed and then again be reversed due to a technical problem. Am not sure where the technical problem occurred, or whether the great deals at Yatra.com are just an eye-wash. Did they get someone who was ready to pay more for the same ticket? Such questions remain unanswered.

I would be grateful if we, through your esteemed publication, can help uncover and answer these questions. I would like to take this up at various forums including newspapers, travel publications and sites, consumer forums and government agencies such as MRTP, so that people are not misled by such advertisements, which appear very good, but are far from true. If required, I am also ready to use RTI and get more information.

Arkaprovo Chakrabarty

• Updated by Yatra Team · Apr 18, 2011

Hi Vikki Sosa,

We are extremely regretful of the inconvenience faced by you but request you not to worry now that we are here. We'd request you to share your Yatra ref # here so that we can look into our records and get back to you on this ASAP.

Thanks and regards,
    Team Yatra.com

• Updated by Yatra Team · May 04, 2011

Dear Dr. Bhatnagar,

We took care of your visa & land (hotel and the tour) part on the above-mentioned Dubai package. The air tickets were not booked from our end. The required immigration details were supposed to be sent directly to the airlines by the air ticket agency you initially booked from. Would request you to kindly raise the concern with the air ticket agency. We only had your flight details while booking the package. We did the needful when you purchased the new ticket for the next day's travel. We hope this helps resolve your concerns.

Best Regards
    Team Yatra.com

• Pr
    Pradeep007 Dec 07, 2010

Same this happened to me today. I am totally frustrated with YATRA.COM. They confirmed my tickets yesterday & today they sent a mail saying the ticket is cancelled. When called, they give the reason saying the prise at which the ticket was booked was invalid, its a system error. Now whose fault is it ? YATRA SUCKS.

• Vi
    Vikki Sosa Apr 17, 2011

I tried to book tickets through Yatra.com. I thought everything was fine until at the end of the booking process the system said tickets were not booked. I went to a different air ticket site and bought my ticket there.

I forgot about the incident until I saw my bank statement with a transaction from Yatra.com for the tickets that were not booked.

I contacted Yatra.com and they told me the money will be credited back to my account in a week or or. It's been three weeks and I am still missing this money on my account.

• Gs

Near Hero Honda Chowk
    Sector-34
    Gurgaon-122001

Dear sir,
    This has a reference your holiday voucher dated04.03.2011, whose details are as below-
    1- Booking reference:YT428900
    2- Booked by: Club Vacation
    3- Booking date:10.02.2011
    4- Voucher No.:15489
    5- Voucher issue date:03.03.2011
    In reference to above cited matter, I hereby submit that-
    I have been given a trip for Dubai, as per schedule I reached Jaipur Airport on 7.3.2011 to board the flight()G9-Air Arabia and submitted all the relevant paper and boarding pass was issued to me but at Immigration Counter, the officer did not allowed in absence of OK TO BOARD which was to be tagged by your company. Inspite of showing our paper VISA they did not allowed me. The Officer said me that it is the negligence of my trip organizer who have not tagged it our visas. I tried your office to contact but it was not fruit full.
    The tour Operator, requested me to purchase new air ticket for the next day ie. 08.03.2011..At last I did the same thing and mailed him the same .with his kind efforts he was able to provide me the valid tickets and I was able to board for Dubai on 08.03.2011.

I hereby submitted that the the additional financial Burdon caused to me may kindly be remitted as below-
    1-Cost of purchase of new ticket for Sharjah=Rs.23723/-
    2-One day accommodation charges which I could not availed=68070/5=Rs13674/-
    3-One day additional stay at Jaipur and transportation=5000/-
    4-Compensation on account of additional physical excursions
    and psychological harassment=Rs.10000/-
    Total=Rs.52397
    I hope you will attend my complaint within ten days otherwise I will be free to attain the legal action.

Submitted for necessary action
    Your’s truly

Dr. G.S. Bhatnagar

Postal Address:
    C-117 Talwandi
    Kota (Raj)-324005
    (M)09829047737

yatra charged money but did not book the ticket!

I bought an international ticket from ay to New York and back on Yatra.com and paid via my credit card an amount of Rs 94184. The amount was charged to my credit card and yatra sent me an itenarary proving the same. Now when I called Air India on the 12th of March I find the ticket was cancelled by the airline as the ticket was not issued by Yatra by the line.

I have been emailing and calling yatra for the last 18 hours with no response. Every time they assure me and nothing happens.

I am supposed to fly on the 12 March night (today) and payed huge sums of money for lodge and business meetings and the ticket has not yet been confirmed by yatra.

This is such a ridiculous case.

NEVER BUY TICKETS FROM YATRA!

• Kk
    k kamal kumar Jul 09, 2007

I have been charged an amount of Rs.2331.51 dt 6th june to my credit card. No tickets were booked or confirmed during that period and moreover the amount has been opted for payment in 3 EMI's at Rs.777.17

I never opt for EMI payments and I would make full settlement only. I need to know entire details of this transaction.

• Si
    Sidd Jul 12, 2009

Dear All,

I made a hotel booking through YATRA.com for my guests and to my surprise the hotel said that YATRA.com is not paying them the money hence the booking is not confirmed. This is absolutely ridiculous. Now what about my guests? Where do I ask them to stay? I trusted YATRA.com, made the payment and now the booking is cancelled. All my money is lost. I will now be taking up this matter with Consumer court if my money is not given back to me. OTHERS do not make any reservation through YATRA.com. THey are complete liars and cannot keep up to the commitment.

If Yatra representative is reading this, you may reach me at [email protected]

Sidd

[Resolved] non refund of cancelled air ticket

I booked an air ticket through yatra.com on 9/12/2006 booking no KPY6AJ). I cancelled it on 11/12/2006 and i...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices