Yankee Candle

Posted:

explosion of jar and shade

3.35
United Kingdom
Phone: 07966780673
I am a huge fan of Yankee Candle, whilst on holiday in Florida i was at at Yankee candle outlet store where i purchased approx $80 worth of candles and oil burners, i packed all jars in bubble wrap and took them with me as hand luggage on the flight back to UK... i lit my Spice Island Holiday jar and placed my Christmas shade on it, and was quite pleased how it looked and smelt very Christmassy, watching TV and there is a cracking sound followed by a louder one and a large piece of glass flew across the room, i instinctively realized it was my candle and grabbed my 7mth old son of the floor, and blew candle out the jar on inspection was extremely hot as was the shade, i now have a nice red mountain of wax over my fireplace :( This outcome could have been so much worse had my son been hit by glass of even burnt by wax (have tried to upload pics but it wont allow me too)
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Retail Stores

Comments

N  24th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
This has just happened to my daughter, whereby my 10 month grandbaby was cut by flying glass, Sarah llewellyn, (from Yankee candle) response was literally so what, and have a medium sized candle as a good will gesture... Why? So that can explode too, no thank you.
We will be seeking legal advice on this outcome and their blaze attitude to a dangerous situation
A  4th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
I bought my dad one .angel wings candle jar with a hope love and peace shade it smelt like burning candle wax and black smoke came out it was horrid no purfume smell well the jar cracked and shade shattered into peace after 30 min use. It was ment to comfort my dad on aniversary of my mum's death not put fear of God into a oap and trash house. Its disgusting

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree