Yahoo / customer service

I got an email today from a colleague who said I was hacked by an email that he received from me containing a link to somewhere. I called Yahoo customer service to discuss what I should do, and the fellow I was connected to (India) immediately started asking questions about my computer and then started to point things out saying that I needed to use a Level 5 technician in a 3rd party company (whom I don't know from a hole in the wall) to fix my computer of any security risks. I was quoted that my system as 72% hacked into and soon all my personal information would be owned by hackers. To circumvent this crisis, he wanted to transfer me to a 3rd party company who would charge me $99.00 to fix my computer. For all I know, the web site he tried to show me was fake and the people to whom would help me might rob me blind. This was an organized scam from the beginning. I had to hang up on this individual. I am shocked that Yahoo supports this practice to which I am reporting to AT&T and the Better Business Bureau. I expect much more professional service from my internet provider. I asked the technician to whom I contacted as to whether this was Yahoo.com technical support at least 3 times. He kept repeating this was Yahoo technical support

Mi
Jan 18, 2016

Comments

• Ka
      12th of Apr, 2016

Please yahoo help, the email address below and the message was fraudulently use to compromise my mail box and to scam my friends and family members. causing me to write this note to people on my contact list.

To my esteem friends, family members and business associates, please note that my yahoo mail account was compromised on the 2nd of April 2016 by fraud stars operating from Ghana. I attach below copy of notification mail from Yahoo notifying me of the hacking. Please kindly dis regard any mail emanating from my box also avoid not opening the box as to avoid compromise of your mail box.
    Thank you.
    Christian.

• Yaḥoo Verification
    • Apr 4 at 11:22 AM
    • To
    • BCC

Message body

Dear Email Client,
    We noticed a suspicious sign-in Attempt with a wrong password on your Yahoo account from an unrecognized device on Monday 04, April, 2016 from Ghana and Your Yahoo mail will be blocked within Hours if you don't verify your account.
    You are required to verify your password to continue sending and receiving messages.

Verify to continue receiving messages

If this wasn't you, please follow the links below to keep your account safe.

Activate second sign-in

Yahoo Mail Team Inc

• Ka
      12th of Apr, 2016

Please yahoo help investigate this email address, it is use by fraud stars glamourproduction236@gmail.com. Thank you>