XM radio / Violates contract
I have 2 radios with XM, which were signed up 16 months ago. One was on a 3 year pre-paid contract, the other is on a 12 months pre-paid. The 12 month pre-paid ended, and was no longer needed. Apparently, somewhere in the fine print, I had to call and wait on hold, only to cancel a contract that I didn't want to go past the 12 month mark in the first place.
XM called me with some pre-canned Voicemails, stating that I might end up "Missing my great service" if I don't renew. Nothing stated that it was more than a Marketing ploy.
Imagine my amazement when they turn off my first radio, the one that I pre-paid 36 months for! Their reason is that since I did not call in to cancel, I owe them $175!! And, they will not turn back on the radio that I paid for, until I pay...
This one is going to court, so I will let you know. Don't be stupid, just buy and iPod or use the normal radio. XM has bad service, and bad reception in many areas...
More XM radio Complaints & Reviews
- Sirius XM - lifetime membership trap 
- Sirius Satellite Radio - consumers beware of sirius radio! 
- XM radio - Billed for services which never received! 
- Sirius Radio Canada - Poor service - illegal credit card charges 
- Sirius XM Radio - harassment 
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime service scam
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime subscription scam 
- SiriusXM - life time subscriber switching service to a new radio after 3 tries
- Sirius XM - xm radio service
- Sirius XM Radio - bait and switch selling practices