XM radio / Violates contract

1 590 King Street West, Suite 300Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I have 2 radios with XM, which were signed up 16 months ago. One was on a 3 year pre-paid contract, the other is on a 12 months pre-paid. The 12 month pre-paid ended, and was no longer needed. Apparently, somewhere in the fine print, I had to call and wait on hold, only to cancel a contract that I didn't want to go past the 12 month mark in the first place.

XM called me with some pre-canned Voicemails, stating that I might end up "Missing my great service" if I don't renew. Nothing stated that it was more than a Marketing ploy.

Imagine my amazement when they turn off my first radio, the one that I pre-paid 36 months for! Their reason is that since I did not call in to cancel, I owe them $175!! And, they will not turn back on the radio that I paid for, until I pay...

This one is going to court, so I will let you know. Don't be stupid, just buy and iPod or use the normal radio. XM has bad service, and bad reception in many areas...

Va

Comments

• Sh
      13th of May, 2009

i do not like them at all we had a number of run in with them over one contract that we canceled 1 month before the contract ran out and now they sent us a bill from the collection agent our contract was paid in full they tried to renew without our go ahead they called us several times we told them every time that we did not want to renew the deal we are finished then they said we owed them money and got the collection agent after us we are still fighting with them they will not take our calls i think somebody in the higher up power should cancel there permit we have a tough enough time with out company like that by for now