XM radio / Refund

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I cancelled my XM Radio on one of my vehicles about 2 months after I originally renewed it because I ended up selling that vehicle. This was on November 10th, I called and spoke with Frank (yah, right) in the West center, Texas I think he said. He told me my refund would be credited in 2 weeks. Well, I was patient and waited until after Christmas and then called again.

This time I was told they do not see a refund on my account!! We're talking about $149.40, not the end of the world but I want my money!! So I go round and round with a guy named Omar, he won't send me to a manager!!! He said he'll submit the refund request again and gave me a reference #, so I wait another month.

I called again on January 20, 2010 and they said my refund is still pending!!! WTH!?? So at this time they tell me there's nothing they can do because it's in the system. I finally get to a "manager" and he tells me that he can't do anything about it because it's "Pending" in the system and tells me billing will call me in 24 hours. Guess what, they never called!!

So fast forward to today, 2/25/2010, still nothing. No call, no refund, nada. So I call twice this morning, as soon as someone answers and says this is so and so from XM radio the line drops dead, (I'm on a land line) so basically the reps are seeing my account and saying, "Screw this i'm not dealing with this..." or I'm sure something like that.

So now I'm on the phone with Jean A. and she is telling me that I have a credit on my account for $149.40, so I guess Omar and Frank lied to me that I had a refund pending.

She says my credit will be good for next renewal and she's going to give me $50 credit to cover my year renewal and my premium online. I asked for this in writing and she said 7-10 days, so we'll see.

Good luck to anyone who needs a refund. We're kinda screwed here because XM and Sirius radio are merged now, so there's no choice but to stick with it. Keep at it, eventually someone will try and help. We'll see if Jean A. made a difference or not.

Comments

12th of Mar, 2010

I'm having the exact same problem. I canceled three months ago, and am owed about $150. I have called six times, and keep being told the refund is being "processed." Like the first poster, I have been given a reference number and told that someone will call me. (Of course, no one ever does).

Sounds like we might have a good class action lawsuit here if XM has a policy of not paying refunds.