Xlibris / pay your money take your chances

" Like the old saying goes Pay your money take your chances." I published my first book with Xlibirs and I will say it was no "walk in the park". I will tell any potential author Edit your manuscript and have the book ready to go when submitting it to any publishing house no matter if they tell you submit it partially done.

I got the publishing package on sale good deal I thought. PLEASE be advised If you can get an IBN number for free and submit your work to the Copy right office for $35.OO vs the 100.00 Xlibirs Charges. Don't be in a Rush to get the book out. Yes the book can take up to six months to publish when they tell you that information.

However, if you have corrections they will get you by trying to charge you extra for every correction in Production. In my case, WRONG. I complained so much but I paid for. Nothing for production corrections and I made additions to my book and I corrected my book myself. Please be advised the published is not there to help you but only MAKE MONEY for the company. If feel its not only XLIBRIS but any company.

The Book overall is Pretty in my opinion but some would say it could have been better in regards to the cover.

In comparison to some other companies well the six free books and marketing material was a deal breaker. An optional service I got was the Google search and the Amazon Book being opening. With Anything in regards to publishing your book let the Buyer beware.

Comments

• Af
      16th of May, 2011

It is truly scare, since I am considering Xilibris to publish my first novel. If you are in a different country, and want U.K. exposure, what is a girl to do?
    Just saying...