Xbox 360 / microsoft fails customers
Two weeks ago our Xbox 360 quit working. My son said the picture went all funny, and then the video output just quit worked. Now, when we turn on the xbox 360 the screen is black, with little white dots. The sound works, but no picture.
Our xbox 360's warranty expired in November of last year. However, technically we are only out of warranty a month and a half since it was a Christmas present.
Since this is a known hardware issue, one which has plagued many, many xbox 360 gamers, we contacted the xbox 360 support line. We were informed that because we were out of warranty we'd have to pay over $140, or around $123 if we did an online repair request.
The only way we would be able to get an extended warranty is if we had the three ring of death. So, despite the fact that Microsoft knows about the no video output issue, they refuse to fix it and still continue to sell defective products.
I was told that there was no way for them to fix it for free, which is a complete lie on their part. Most companies, if they have such a wide spread issue, recall their defective products and offer refunds. But, Microsoft continues to siphon money out of their consumers with little or no warning about their product.
So not only did we pay $299 for a product of theirs, they expect us to pay to get a defective product fixed. The supervisor that I spoke with continued to insist there was nothing they could do, but having worked at call centers before I know for a fact anything is possible. They even refused to give a complaint line, which goes to show exactly how many complaints they actually get.
We have been a long time microsoft user. We've used many microsoft computer products, along with the original xbox. The original xbox worked fine for over 5 years and is still running good. Yet, within 13 1/2 months of using the xbox 360, it has already broken down.
We refuse to buy anymore microsoft products, not only because of the 360, but because of their lack of concern and care for their loyal customers. We deserve more.
I am lodging a formal complaint not only here, but at the better business bureau as well. Microsoft needs to get their heads out of the sand and do something.
More Xbox 360 Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - laptop crashed
- Microsoft Corporation - customer care
- Microsoft Corporation - xbox live gold subscription service
- Microsoft Corporation - installing software on a new pc
- Microsoft Corporation - reset password for microsoft account