World Education Services / wrongfully charged monet
I contacted WES(World Education Services) over phone on the 23rd of Feb '10, so that they can have my foreign academic degree evaluated. After speaking to them about payments/costs etc I was assured that no money would be charged to my account until and unless they received all documents in it's entirety needed to complete the evaluation, also they informed that a rep would be contacting me if further docs were required, no one contacted me from WES, I called them to find out as to what was going on then I was informed that I had to get in touch with my foreign University and have them mail a sealed envelope containing the required grade sheets, I contacted the University and was informed that it was not their policy to mail such documents, I could get them in person only, which would cost me $2400 in air fare in addition to other expenses, so that was not a logical financial decision, I can get a BA degree here in the US. So, I called back WES and explained the scenario and asked them to refund money wrongfully charged as no services were performed by them at all, because how could they do anything when they had nothing to work with, they asked me to use the "contact us" feature on their website, I did so, and today I received an email saying that I would not receive any refund. Why not? how are they allowed to keep this money? based on what services?.
First they say they would not charge money and now they did. They forced me to include a credit card number for assurance purposes.
Please help me receive appropriate assistance in this matter.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the FTC, I would urge others to do the same so our voice can be heard.
More World Education Services Complaints & Reviews
- World Education Services - cheating innocent people 
- World Educational Services (WES) - worst customer service I ever experienced! 
- World Education Services - my degree evaluation 
- Wes.org - Bad customer service & delay of evaluation 
- World Education Services - fraud/rip-off 
- World Education Services [WES] - ref no 3745497 - secondary verification initiated after accepting all documents
- World Education Services [WES] - no resolution 
- World Education Services [WES] - transcript evaluation 
- World Education Services [WES] - product/incomplete report
- World Education Services [WES] - transcript evaluation