Woolworths / costomer discrimination

1 55 creek roadMy Gravatt, Australia Review updated:

Details:I am a petite lady confined to a wheelchair. I have a afficial assistance dog that helps me public access and pulls my manual wheelchair along picks up, carries item and much more.

I was going into upper Mt Gravatt crn creek and Logan rd Woolworths. On Monday this week, approx 8.15 in morning. As I approached the self service area a female woolworths worker manning that area pointed to my service dog giggling and said" isn't that funny, the dog is bigger than you" I think I was shocked at that comment I said "sorry" and she repeated giggling again the same thing. I angrily said "how rude and asked my service dog to pull. To get away from her.

After I got home I was still upset and called the manager " Nathan" but he seem unsimpertetic and said she would not have meant to insult you. Unhappy with that I googled woolworths customer complaints and spoke to a lady don't have her name, she was unhappy and shocked at what I said to her and asked if she can put me on hold while she called through to that store. She called Nathan and insisted he Perdue this matter with higher management. And gave him my name and phone number to have him call me back.

He called back on wed and said she was very sorry and empertetic and if I come back to the store he will offer me some flowers and chocolates. I'm not at all happy with this. I do not appreciate a uniformed customer service person pointing at my dog and comparing me to a dog, and the dog is NOT bigger than me and I resent that and much as I resent being compared to a dog.
I'm still very very upset but it is clear that this customer service person appears to have no accountability to her nasty insulting manner and words. This is not at all appropriate. no hello, just point laugh and say how funny the dogs bigger than you. How dare she. I am a human being despite my size or disability. I am a equaly to all humans in society.
I request $3000 (three thousand) companions for the humiliation, and upset and inbarrisment I experienced in front of others. Also I request that woolworths staff are trainings in customer service and approaiate behaviour and conduct towards people. I will not tolerate going through this again, I came to do my shopping and left crying. Even all I spoke to were jaw dropped as to your staffs words. They advise I go to the media, however I have sent a copy to the anti discrimation commission as its a legal breach of the law to treat anyone like this and I'm giving you the opportunity to resolve this before media intervention.

A copy of this has been sent to the dept of anti discrimination unit as well.

Anna benakich
[protected]

An
May 1, 2015

Comments

• Fl
      19th of Jan, 2011
    Woolworths - No credit because no credit rating
    Woolworths

I applied for my very first credit card and was turned down by Woolworths because I do not have a credit rating. The fact that I am an SA citizen, 21 years old in full time employment for the past 2 years and earn a decent salary has absolutely no effect - I HAVE NO CREDIT RATING... Not any bad debts or living beyond my means - I HAVE NO CREDIT RATING. This is disgusting and totally unacceptable.

• Da
      27th of Aug, 2011
    Woolworths - Rude staff
    Woolworths

I just wanted to add my complaint that the staff in my local Woolsworths were extremely unhelpful and quite rude. I felt as if they found all customers a nuisance!! I wish they would hire people a bit younger and happier!!

• Lo
      13th of Nov, 2014
    Woolworths - COURTESY SEAT
    Charnwood
    Australia

A bench with soft cushions would be appreciated, as with conveyors not being open. As a disabled person, I find this a difficulty lifting goods for the fast checkout.