Wirefly.com / Rebate program through Wirefly is scam!

A year ago I bought a Motorola cell phone through Wirefly.com. I sent the two rebate forms in on time and with the required documentation. On 15 May 06 I got a notice that the wireless bill was 'invalid.' When I called the Rebate Center on 25 May 06 at 1101 to ask what the problem was I was told again, that the bill was 'invalid.' The woman I talked to couldn't say what was wrong with the copy of the current bill directly from Verizon, but since I was such a good customer they would process the rebates right away. Months passed and in September I got another notice saying that the cell bill was invalid because it didn't have the cell number on it but I could send another copy of the cell bill with the cell number within 30 days from the notice. I made another copy of the most current cell bill, making sure the cell number was on it and sent it off.

Now it's the last day of November and I went to cellphonerebates.com to see where the heck my rebates are. I plugged in my Claim ID number and it comes up with no such number. The rebate program through Wirefly is just a scam and judging by the number of complaints against Wirefly on the Internet, Wirefly is deaf and has no interest in their company's reputation.

Comments

Do
  11th of Dec, 2006

Dear Sean,
Over the summer we changed our outsource rebate vendor and experienced some issues during the transition. Please write to me directly and include the details of your claim (including your order number and the previous communication you received from us). I'll personally take a look at our records and investigate your rebate. If the application was properly submitted, I'll have those denials reversed for you.

Regards,
Doreen Dennis
Office of the President
ddennis (at) wirefly.com

Ma
  27th of Dec, 2006

This company is not sending my rebates and should be sued I've been told several different reasons why I didn't get my $200 rebates on a Motorola Razor and I know will never see it. I'm really mad about this. Obviously jeez can someone do something about this?

Ce
  6th of Mar, 2007

This company failed to rebate me $200 for two cellphones I ordered from them in December of 2005. Basically, they stole my money. I submitted all my documents for rebate in a timely manner. When a decent amount of time elapsed, I had to place numerous phone calls checking on the status of my rebate. Each time I was given the answers "we are waiting to process your claim" "we are missing information" (which I had to send again) "Corporate is looking into my claim", and, finally, "Corporate has denied your claim because they said it was already processed". What???

Don't buy from Wirefly if you ever expect them to honor any rebates you have coming!

Pn
  10th of Apr, 2007

Wirefly.com has failed to fulfill my insurance claim. Not because they are deaf, but because there is NO ONE to contact. It's the ol' run-around. Wirefly is a horrible company. Go to the Better Business Bureau website to find out more. Search: Inphonic

Ba
  12th of Nov, 2007

I purchased four cell phones through Wirefly. The rebates totaled $300.00. I sent in four sets of the rebates and my cell phone bills as required. To date I am still missing more than half of the $300.00 owed. Now I see they have filed for chapter 11. I can see that filing with the Attorney General's Office in my state is a waste of time.

Pr
  21st of Jun, 2008

Pieaes give me a solution to view the usage