Wirefly / Wirefly/Simplexity Fraud and Un-fair service‏

United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800-378-6509

Hi,
I am writing this complaint against on line phone retailer wire fly. Who are not only very unproffesional in their Business & communication but also are trying to Fraudly charging me $250.

I upgraded my phones for 2 year contract with AT&T via wirefly on line store in april 2008. I updated both phone lines with new 2 new phones as both phones were free If I buy 2 years agreement with no features (e.g text, e-mail etc).

On October 2 2008 I received a letter from SIMPLEXITY [protected]) Stating that My credit card (American Express) was charged with $250.00 because I have disconned My 2nd Line [protected]), which is not correct because my both lines were active, they also stated that previous attempts to contact me failed. I advised her that I have never received any communication from them what so ever. I tried to explain to her that My both Lines with AT&T were still active and I am still an AT&T customer and I have made no changes to my account. Then the Female rep got angry at me and stated I need to call wirefly, I asked to talk to her supervisor but she hand up on me.

I called wirefly [protected] times talked to all customer, service reps also supervisors no one is able to help me but instead either they will hang up one or just transfer me to other department. Then all of the sudden my a/c (Order number#[protected]-e2)was closed.

On 11/24/2008 I called wirefly [protected]) account receivable department and talk to their rep name John who advised me that only way he'll be able to resolve this issue is if AT&T can verify that the Line is still active. I had AT&T do a 3 way call with wirefly A/C recv. rep John and AT&T rep Ashley verified that both lines are active. For some reason John hanged up on us. I called back 5-10 times he kept on disconnecting the phone. Finally I talked to some female rep on same number who advised me that John is saying that the charges can not be reversed. I called back after 30 minutes and John from wirefly picked up the phone and stated that no matter what I do he'll not reverse the charges even if the charges were incorrect charged in 1st place. He added thet I can talkt o customer service all I want but that;s the way he is going to do it and he refused to have me talk to a manager or supervisor and hand up on me.

This kind of service is not right and very un-proffesional. this is fraud and I'll appreciate if you can help on this.

Comments

Cl
  4th of Jun, 2009
They have charged my card with $400 for products I NEVER EVER ordered from them. They confirmed they are aware the name on the order that was placed back in jan belongs to some one by a DIFFRENT name than my own. Now they want me to jump through hopes to get my money, . I have filed with the better bznss bru and I am luck to have a friend Atty that will be making contact with these idiots shortly
Sc
  10th of Jun, 2010
I used tigerdirect.com in September 2009 to upgrade two phones on my tmobile plan. The operator said I only had to keep the contract with tmobile active for the 2 years which it is still active today in June 2010 but i just got an email from simplexity stating that i didn't keep my service active and i would owe $200 for each line for a total of $400. The email also said it was the 3rd attempt to contact me even though i didn't get anything for the supposed two previous times. What can I do to fix this?
Ma
  23rd of Jan, 2011
i too have been scamed-went through Verizon to purchase phones and service----ended my contract with them because the bill got bigger and bigger-after 5 months into it i ended it-----had it set up to pay off early disconnect. That same month i get a call from Simplexity (who I had never heard of) saying I owed them 600 dollars-told them they were crazy they harrased me forever had my phone disconnected contacted Verizon and my attorney gen. waitting to hear from them
Sc
  23rd of Jan, 2011
I'm pretty sure the email is just a scam. They emailed and said it was their third attempt at contacting me before going to a third party. I ignored them 6 months ago and haven't heard anything yet. Don't email them or send them money. They probably get ahold of the customers info and email them hoping that some will send them money.