Winners International / TELEPHONE CALL

1 West Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

I received a telephone call from a person calling himself Peter Campbell. He advised that he was delivering a 2008 Mercedes Benz (blue) and then added it was a convertible. In addition he said that he had a 2.5 million dollar check for me. He did not ask my name or where I lived. When I quiestioned him he said that "Ms. Oprah" and "Bill Gates" were involved and that my name had been picked in Las Vegas because I paid my bills on time especially my utilities. I have never been to Las Vegas. He wanted a $750 delivery fee. I told him I didn't have any money. He said "well you have Social Security don't you?" I responded again that I do not have any money. He said that I could get a loan against a credit card and I indicated that I was maxed out and could not do that. I told him I would have to talk to my husband who was not at home and would call him back. Not ten minutes later he called me back and wanted to know why I had not talked to my husband yet. He was very demanding. I told him I would call him back if and when I spoke to my husband. In fact I contacted the FBI and am awaiting a call back. This is not the first time a scam has been attempted on us. We had a similar scam that was attempted on us for 1.5 million dollars on the Australian lottery two weeks ago that we reported to the FBI. In that one they wanted $375.

Peter Campbell just called again wanting to know when he can come with the "car" and the "money." I have been holding him off until I hear from the FBI.

Comments

• To
      29th of Apr, 2009

just recieved a similar call today, was asked to western union 900.00
    to a person " merchant banker " in florida by the name of MOSHE ARNOLD. told the person on the phone, if my money is coming from vegas why do i need to send money to florida? and why today< told him it would be better tomorrow..but he insisted on today.T hen I asked him why this MOSHE ARNOLD could'nt put up the money then I would pay him back double after I deposited my winnings..the guy on the phone hung up, guess MOSHE ARNOLD did'nt want to make extra $$$.the number in las vegas is 702-418-1377.

• Ca
      18th of Jun, 2009

On 6/16/09, I, MCB, of Jacksonville, Florida, received a phone call form this same said "Winners International" claiming that I to had won a lottery, of 1.5 million and a large sum of cash $50, 000.00. The 1.5 million would arrive in the form of a check and the $50, 000.00 would be in the form of cash.

I was instructed to go to the nearest Wal-Mart and pay for the taxes on this said large sum of money, which the taxes on such a win would definitely cost well more than the $199.00, which was being requested to be paid. The caller, Mr. Green, who telephone me for several days from this same number at 1-876-449-4355, stated he was working out of the state of Nevada, however he said the payment for the money gram was to be sent to Ornan Porter, who is the banker ( the initial call on 6/16/09, this man was a bankers ? and today, 6/18/19, Mr. Green the caller, say's the money should be sent to this same person, Mr. Ornan Porter, however now Mr. Porter has changed banks, he now works as a banker for Wachovia Bank, who lives in the Virgin Island. (?), and the money gram should read as payable to Ornan Porter W.I

Upon my sending the case and calling him with the receipt of the paid money gram quick collect payment at Wal-Mart, they will activate the person here in Jacksonville to delivery my check for 1.5 million, and the Cash of $50, 000.00. Now mind you, it's after 6mp, and who is going to have this amount of Cash at this late hour, to deliver to me at this late of an hour???

These people have been calling me for several days and I have locked their phone number in, so I don't get harassed during the day while I am at work, however, I am not sure if they don't understand, never in a million years would I fall for such a crazy scam, but it is so wonderful that this site has been established for people who can get online and confirm that this is a scam, and it is so unfortunate that so many people don't have access to the internet and really get scammed by such tactics.

I hope the US government find a way to locate this ### and put them in prison, for the people who have posted to inform citizens of this scam, we are ever so fortunate one's who can communicate and prevent such thief’s form ripping us off, but just think of the people who are not so fortunate to have compute access or have a computer and don't know to Google and ask the correct questions to look up the crooks on the internet on this fraud site. Thanks to all for the post and we all have to have the government to inform them of these type of scams to keep everyone in the loop to prevent such con artist form succeeding in such scams.

• El
      28th of Jul, 2009

today i got a restricted call several time in a row before i picked up, thinking ok maybe it might be my husband who is in iraq even tho it comes up a diff number whe he calls. this guy claims i have money waiting for me i need to call this number and confirm it with my accoutn number he gave me. well i did and money that was suppose to be waiting for me was the size of the account number... a bit odd. when he did call me i could barley understnad him for he was foreign and sounded like india. he said it was some lottery i won at first he didnt want to tell me. than he said i also won a brand new red mercedes benz. I need to go to walmart to pay the taxes on the money in a money gram and that i need to pay the shipping and handling for the car. i still could barley hear him. he did however ask is he had the right person and repeat my name than asked me what time it was over here. he keeps calling backk every 5 mins about the mercedes and paying the shipping and handling and going to walmart. i am not sure how to get him to stop but yes its good to know i am not the only one ty everyone for posting this stuff.

• Wr
      24th of Mar, 2010

Jessica Watson (phone no. 876-585-4221) of Winners Int'l-5109 pebble rim st-no. las vegas, nv-(phone no. 702-609-9831) says that they are handling the delivery of a check for $3.5 million from us unclaimed money corp.-5018 broadway 1c-woodside, ny 11376-(phone no. 309-692-3943) that will be delivered to my address after I send $750 to Winners Int'l

• Ka
      28th of Jun, 2010

Ok- so I'm personally sick of these calls. received one last year and they said they were Publisher Clearing House however after checking it was a scam but now they are calling me again...this time as Michael Marshall from Winners International.
    Is there no way to stop them? I mean I even said to the guy this is a scam and to remove my number and he said "No its legit, please call this person and you'll have UPS deliver you your award today"
    Give me a break.

• My
      7th of Jul, 2010

A call today from Winners International of Florida. A guy named Jim said that I had won a million plus (can't remember the amount) and in order to get registered to receive the check that I can receive today I need to send 499 to Ydelia Attiluf. I sent 499 to her thru western Union. A got a call back from Jim who asked if I was registered I said "yes, I sent 4.99 to Ydelia Attiluf". He said he meant 499.00 not 4.99. I said to me 499 means 4dollars and 99 cents. And I didn't have $500 lying around. He wants me to send the rest tomorrow. I said, "Give me the check. I'll cash it and then give you the rest of the money." He said, "no. you have to be registered BEFORE you receive the check." I said, "I am registered. You said when I sent the Western Union payment I would be registered." He's suppose to call back tomorrow.

• Ro
      21st of Aug, 2010

I have had the same type of call for 3 years now, I have done everything to get them to stop. I tell them to just deliver the stuff and then they will get the money. Now they are saying the president has paid 99 percent of the taxes and just needs my help to pay the rest so I can get my winnings. They had my address and I never gave it to them, one time they told me theygot it off a online survery I did from walmart. I called walmart to tell them they may have problems and walmart does not care. They started out asking for 500.00 and now they are wanting only 99.95. They have gone down in their price to rip me off. 1-876-259-2844, is the last phone number they have called from. When I aks where they are calling from they say LasVegas and I have traced their number to the Bahamas.

• Ea
      15th of Oct, 2010

I just received a call from an unknown number. A man with a very strong Indian accent advised he was with Winners International and told me that UPS had a delivery for me. I listened to his OUTLANDISH spiel about $175K check, a new Dell laptop, etc... then he preceded to ramble off my mailing address which was completely wrong. My gut instinct called BS on the whole deal and so I kindly told him "I'm ending this call and please do not call my home again" and I hung up. I immediately searched for Winners International on the internet and found hundreds of consumer complaints...bottom line...if it sounds too good to be true and your gut tells you the same...then it is.

• He
      19th of Nov, 2010

EVERYONE WHO BECOMES A VICTIM OF ONE OF THESE SCAM ARTISIS NEEDS TO TURN THEM, AND ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE ON THEM, INTO YOUR LOCAL FBI OFFICE. DO IT ASAP, BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO CHANGE PHONES. THE COPS CAN'T DO ANYTHING, BUT THE FBI CAN TRACK THEM DOWN... THEY CAN CATCH THESE [censor]!!!

• Ju
      17th of Dec, 2010

Phone call came yesterday from John Micheals with Winners International. My prize is 2.5 million and a 2011 Convertible Mercedes Benz. He kept asking if I was on Social Security. John kept saying he was from Washington. All the other complaints seem to be from Florida or Vegas, so i guess they are inventing new locations. He's going to call back this morning again and I am suppose to give him a "certified package code" that only he wouldl know. I guess thats so I don't speak to any other scammer but him. Spoke to the FBI this morning also. Gave me a web site to post my complaint on also. www.IC3.gov. He said they can combine reports from different areas and they do investigate these complaints.

29th of Dec, 2010

I just got a call today for Kevin Chinyee, his number is 702-609-7126 - said he was calling from Powerball Jackpot & Casinos and that I won a drawing that they do only every 3 yrs, and that I won a check for $2.5 million and $100, 000 in cash and that all I had to do to receive my winnings was pay the reduced insurance of $599.99 and then my winnings would be delivered. Asked how did I win, he said that it is an International Raffle, and you can be entered by shopping at Walmart, Walgreens or K-mart or by paying your Utility bills - kept saying stuff like this is 100% legitimate and that he is not joking, and that I had his guarantee, his word that I would get my winnings after paying the Insurance. It was pretty much word-for-word what another person commented on below, back in March. I told him I will not pay $600 up front, they can deliver it to my door. (Yeah, right, as if that's going to happen!)

29th of Dec, 2010

I meant, 36 days ago, (not "back in March"). (See comment ABOVE, not "below".)

29th of Dec, 2010

I called the Virginia State Police Insurance Fraud hotline and gave them the above information on "Powerball Jackpot & Casinos", and they will pass it on to their investigations division.

24th of Mar, 2011

3-24-2011
    Today i received a phone call stating that i had won 1.5millon. Part would be check and the rest would be cash. Nut forst i had to go to walmart to send 595.95 for the package fee. The guy told me that the organization was in Las Veges but he wants me to send the money to David Miller in Tamplico S.C. I then goggle the information amd saw that this is a really big scam. I told the guy that it would only take me 15 min to send this money. So i know that they are sitting around waiting with a huge smile saying ; oh we hit today for a free 600 dollars. Boy are they in for a big suprise. Wish i had the FBI Number but my police precint claim they didnt give out that kind of info... I hope they catch these [censored]s so they can stop tring to take people hard earned money...

• Kk
      7th of May, 2011

i just received the most unusual phone call from a man that says he works for Winners Intenational?? I could barely understand him and he was not sure what to say when asked multiple questions. He sounded like he was at home with his kids, and tropical birds were chirping in the bcakground. He said I won 2.5 million dollars and a new 2011 Merceded's, how coincidental considering what is here on this web site!!! He was very pushy and sound Pakastanish or Indian. They wonder why they have such a bad rep!!! He was persistant in asking for me to go to walmart and purchase a western union money gram card for $500 to cover the Government stamp gold seal and have my prize delivered by ups and 2 us marshalls and 2 FBI guards to protect my winnings? I aksed why I would have to spend this if I really won a prize of any kind it should not cost me at all!! I asked where he was he said he was in Las Vegas Nevada, However when he got his manager who you could here was passed the phone by the man on the phone he claimed he was from NY yet I asked him where he was sitting in what office and what corporation he worked for and he said he was in Texas? ODD don't you think. These guys are scary and full of BULL----! I asked if he knew anything about me and if he even knew my name and he kept statiing he knew everything about me? He could not seem to answer any of the questions I asked him, yet kept beating around the bush and making up ridiculous answers. I finally told him I would have the call traced and have him scouted out and he eventually hung up. The government FCC needs to really do a better job at tracking these types of calls. God knows how they get your phone number and what else could they get of they have this. Where do you think they get this information from? Scary is'nt it.
    Concerned and confused as I am I work to hard for my money and it's to the point where you cannot trust the good Americans that you all should be doing busniess with!

30th of Jun, 2011

Glad to read the "reviews". Have been rec'ing calls from Kingston Jamaica and not picking up. This morning. w/ no glasses on, did so. Guess what! Not only did I win $8.5 mil, I also had a Mercedes Benz coming to me. They had my address but wanted more to confirm I was the right person. If I sent 1% of the total ($850) via Western Union to "complete" the total, 1% being their fee, I could have the money w' 2 US Marshals at my door today. Supposedly, Winners International is out of Vegas. The local man is Shane Downer who would arrive w/ the marshals to collect the Western Union receipt and then issue the check (and, I guess, leave the car). All of this is completely tax free, of course. I was told I could call the main office at 682-841-2318 and ask for James Peters who would then transfer me back to the caller. His # is 876-424-9409. Before giving these numbers there was a long hesitation and it seems some kind of consulting was going on. It did not help that the caller was difficult to understand and did not even have a Jamaican accent. I suspect scambusters is correct about the Pakistani origins. Having known several Pakistanis, I would say that is te accent I was hearing. I wish I hadn't spoken to this guy so long, but I was curious about his speel. He already had my name and address and insisted I had entered a contest recently, something I usually avoid because I hate the junk mail and spam that invariably happens w/ these things.

• 15
      3rd of Aug, 2011

HARASSED BY THIS COMPANY BEFORE). HE STATED I NEEDED TO PAY A HOLDING FEE OF 750.00. I STATED THAT I AM A SINGLE MOTHER AND BROKE AND CANT AFFORD TO SEND THAT KIND OF MONEY, I ALSO TOLD HIM THAT IF I WON A PRIZE THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING IF I RIGHTFULLY WON A PRIZE OR MONEY. HE STATED THAT OVER 50 EMPLOYEES WERE FIRED FROM HIS COMPANY BECAUSE THEY WERE DOING UNSCRUPULOUS BUSINESS. HE INDICATED THAT MY UTILITY COMPANY GAVE MY INFORMATION TO HIS COMPANY. COME ON ... WHEN I ASKED HIM WHICH UTILITY COMPANY IT WAS HE SAID HE WAS NOT AT LIBERTY TO SAY. I TOLD HIM IT IS PUBLIC INFORMATION. HE WOULD NOT TELL ME. HE WANTED ME TO TELL HIM WHO MY UTILITY COMPANY WAS SO THE NEXT PERSON IN LINE COULD CALL ME AND VERIFY MY UTILITY COMPANY SO IT COULD SEEM LEGIT. BEWARE OF THIS. ITS A SCAM AND HE ALSO WENT AS FAR AS TO GT MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND SEND ME A COPY OF THE CHECK WHICH IS A WACHOVIA BANK. I AM GOING TO CALL WACHOVIA TO FIND OUT WHO OWNES THIS BANK ACCOUNT AND HOPEFULLY BE BUSTED. HA..LOL THE JOKE IS ON THEM NOT ME...

• Sl
      6th of Feb, 2012

Still happening. just got a call this a.m., asking for $2500 so I can get a 2.5M check and Mercedes that the FBI is holding for me. I knew it was a scam and told him so. He told me he would fax me proof it was legitimate, but I haven't recevied a fax. I don't think I will hear from him again.

• Do
      11th of Aug, 2012

I rec'd 3 calls today from someone who said that my name had been entered into a raffle because I had paid my utility bills for 6 months. He said he was calling from Las Vegas. He sounded drunk. I said no one wins anything over the phone and that I wasn't interested and hung up. I googled and found this sight and read all the complaints that mirrored what he had been trying to tell me. When he called again, I politely asked him if he know it was against the law to scam people over the phone and that I wanted his name and address so that I could report him to the police. ( I knew I wasn't going to get it) He then asked me if I wanted to have sex with him. Someone in the background started laughing and he hung up.

• Sc
      4th of Dec, 2015

I have been harassed by one person or another regarding this scam since 2012. They just do not give up.. I sent a letter to the justice department, Miami, Fl. and was told they do not handle these things, although they had just put away two Jamaican nationals doing this very scam. They sent it on to the fFBI in washington in August, 2014. I also filed a complaint with the FTC. Since that date i have heard absolutely nothing!! I also contacted the American Embassy in Jamaica where there is special unit investigating the scam. I was passed on to an agent who e-mailed me in early 2015. However i have not heard anything back since then. I also supplied names, dates, phone numbers, copies of all moneygrams, wire transfers and greendot cards, as well as addresses of persons in the us to whom i was to send money via the post office. Guess what, it is nearly 2 years later and i have still heard nothing back. Folks, all you can do is protect yourself, and certainly not be as foolish as i was. Nobody cares and they will do absolutely nothing. Believe me, I have tried.