Windstream / 8:55 p. m. door-to-door sales

Last nite, 3/17/09, I received a knock at my door at 8:55 p.m. 8:55 p.m.!!! It was a Windstream sales person (contract, no doubt). The information on their sales card was I assume legit Windstream. What made me nervous was the number on the doorknob sales material I asked for -- they didn't offer -- was an Akron, Ohio phone number, identified online as a cell phone.(330) 524-****. I was just upset all night, browsing the net to see if this was some sort of scam.
Finally, I found an ad through Craigslist for a company that handled Windstream's door-to-door sales. Tried to look up the business online and found nothing. I'm assuming that's who these contract people work for, if not some other "business."
Called Windstream's main sales office here in town today, Wednesday, and they said that Windstream does have contractors that go door-to-door, but it wasn't normal business practice--according to the guy i spoke to on the phone--to do this at 8:55 p.m. My poor neighbors were hit at 9:00 p.m. and later. (however much later, I don't know for sure)

So...my main complaint is Windstream has these people that are knocking on doors so late at night to sell phone/internet, phone/internet/Dish Network. I just had to vent and fortunately I found this site.
Thanks for listening...

N  18th of Mar, 2009 by
Addendum: The young sales rep was polite and courteous, despite the late hour...
N  18th of Mar, 2009 by
already stated
N  20th of Mar, 2009 by
We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with the door to door salesperson that came to your home. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com

Mollie Chewning
Windstream Communications
A  4th of Aug, 2009 by
I get knocks on my door from Windstream employees at a minimum of once a month. Sometimes as frequently as once a week. And often times it is while I'm trying to eat dinner or my dog is taking a nap. It really makes me mad to see that its them every time. And when they wake up my dog I get really pissed because she is going nuts thinking that we have company when its just some idiot trying to sell me something that I don't need or want. This has been going on for over a year now. I usually don't even bother answering the door anymore. I would estimate that I've had 20-30 door knocks from them in the course of the last 12 months. Nobody else knocks on my door that much, so why is Windstream doing it? I'm seriously considering posting a sign outside my front door that tells Windstream employees to F-off unless they want me to start answering the door with a shotgun. Thats how ridiculous this is.

Windstream Communications Logo Windstream Communications