Windstream / 8:55 p. m. door-to-door sales
Last nite, 3/17/09, I received a knock at my door at 8:55 p.m. 8:55 p.m.!!! It was a Windstream sales person (contract, no doubt). The information on their sales card was I assume legit Windstream. What made me nervous was the number on the doorknob sales material I asked for -- they didn't offer -- was an Akron, Ohio phone number, identified online as a cell phone.(330) 524-****. I was just upset all night, browsing the net to see if this was some sort of scam.
Finally, I found an ad through Craigslist for a company that handled Windstream's door-to-door sales. Tried to look up the business online and found nothing. I'm assuming that's who these contract people work for, if not some other "business."
Called Windstream's main sales office here in town today, Wednesday, and they said that Windstream does have contractors that go door-to-door, but it wasn't normal business practice--according to the guy i spoke to on the phone--to do this at 8:55 p.m. My poor neighbors were hit at 9:00 p.m. and later. (however much later, I don't know for sure)
So...my main complaint is Windstream has these people that are knocking on doors so late at night to sell phone/internet, phone/internet/Dish Network. I just had to vent and fortunately I found this site.
Thanks for listening...
More Windstream Complaints & Reviews
- Windstream DSL Internet - poor service provided! 
- Windstream - phone company charges fee for no service! 
- Windstream Communications - porting of number 
- One Touch Direct / Windstream - repeat calls and failing to remove my number 
- Windstream - fraud and scam 
- Windstream Communications - new service
- Windstream Communications - no phone service
- Windstream Communications - Telephone Service/Customer Service
- Windstream Communications - windstream can driver - company van
- Windstream - internet