Windshield Wonder-telebrands / overcharged

Fairfield, NJ, US Review updated:

I was supposed to be charged $6.99 for the first 2 sets of windshield wonders that I ordered and the 3rd set was supposed to ship at no additional shipping cost. Yet they charged me $34.95 for shipping...over-charge by an additional $20.97. The customer service link gives hours of M-F 9 - 5 yet they tell you they're lines are always busy so it's best to call on Thurdays or Fridays. It's Friday night now (10PM) when I placed this order which means I have to wait almost a week before I can maybe get through to them. I'm filing a complaint with my credit card company.

Comments

• Bo
      Sep 27, 2009

The ad I got says buy one windshield wonder for $10 and get a second one free. So I signed up to buy it. However, they charged me 20+ dollars (before) shipping cost. I was STILL stupid enough to buy it. The good news is I must have screwed up my credit card nr when ordering it. I got a letter in the mail today informing there was a problem with it (no it's not maxed out...it was a check card) and I had plenty of money to cover it. So I won't be getting any. Good news for me. I won't be ordering it again!

• Rd
      Oct 22, 2009

I actually ordered three of the windshield wonder and was shipped a different product, Glass Wizard, after waiting over two months. I returned the Glass Wizard, at a cost to me of $12.00. I complained to Telebrands that I did not receive the merchandise that I ordered and they shipped me half as many of the same incorrect product they had sent me before. So basically I never got the quantity that I ordered nor did I ever get the windshield wonder. I am stuck with something I did not order or want.

• Ra
      Dec 08, 2009

I had the same problem - I ordered a set (buy 1 get 1 free for $10!). I saw that it said "S&H at a cost of $6.99 per set", but yet was charged $10 twice PLUS $20.97 for shipping! It should have only cost $24 total, not $40.97! I did call and wait and got through to someone who talked around in circles, never answering my question. Then said "when did you place your order" to which I replied, about 10 minutes ago. The woman said - well that won't be in our system until Thursday (it is Tuesday). You can try to call back then. I asked about shipping and she said the website says allow 3-6 weeks for shipping. Nowhere is that stated! I am frustrated at them, but also myself for falling for such an obvious scam!!

• Dr
      Jan 05, 2010

Unbelievable folks, I had the same ordeal happen to me.

I ordered the Windshield Wonder and about a week later, to my surprise I received the Glass Wizard instead. I was obviously angry that they shipped a product I didnt purchase, then go on to explain that this was some sort of an upgrade. I wasn't buying that line, this was clearly a marketing scam. I don't know how Telebrand gets away with this type of business behavior but its disgraceful and dishonest. I hope that there are legal precedences which make this illegal, perhaps false advertisement or something more to protect the consumers from this sort of deceptive marketing.

Does anyone have any other experiences with Telebrand?

Nelson
    Boston, MA

Jan 29, 2010

I bought the same thing, buy 1 - get one free for $10 and shipping of $6.99.

When it was time to check out, they doubled the shipping... what a bunch of crooks!

EVERYONE should contact the Better Business Bureau in NJ and file a complaint. OR simply stop payment by your credit card company!

Simply go to:

and fill out the pages. This at least make sit difficult for them.

• Br
      Oct 22, 2010

I was planning to order the windshield wonder, but after reading all of the complaints, and after the rip off I encountered with another product that I had "seen on tv", I plan to never buy anything like that again. This is how they make their money. How else can they sell things so cheap?? The other product I mentioned was supposed to cost me only $19.99, but after all was said and done, it cost me $60.00. First they charged me $17.98 for shipping. Then when I checked my Visa I saw a charge for $48.00. I called the company to ask why it was so much when at first it should have been only about $37.00. They told me that there is what is called an extra zone charge to ship it to Canada. Then when it arrived, I had to pay another $13.59 for duty charges.