Winco / terrible customer service

store #0062Perris, CA, United States Review updated:
I have shopped at WinCo this past year because of their low pricesbut, I will no longer because of terrible customer service. We have had to many incidences with returning food because it was bad. It is suppose to be 100% satisfaction. Most stores return your items with no questions asked or replaced followed by an apology. They also have a sign that clearly states if an item rings up wrong you will get the item free. When I pointed out to the checker that the item was wrong and reminded her of their policy she chuckled, then she had someone check the price and it was wrong. She was told to give it to me for free. She then gave me my receipt but still no money for the item that was priced wrong. After 15 minutes of waiting I told her to keep it. We have also returned milk because it was bad but we were told it is suppose to taste that way! We went to customer service to return a bulk item that was priced wrong and was bad. We were told that it was our fault it was priced wrong and also that they can only return what was left in the bag.
It seems that at WinCo the employee's are always right and the customer is always wrong. We have other choices of grocery stores to shop in our town that welcome our business with fresh food, fast and friendly customer service!

Comments

Di
  11th of May, 2011
Winco is STUPID! I worked for them for four years and their point system is absolutely ridiculous! There's no grace what so ever! I got points when I had a medical emergency and a note from the doctor! I got points for being like a minute late every few monts. It's so ****ing petty it's ridiculous!!! You could be standing next to the time clock talking to someone and accidentally clock in a minute late and they don't care. They don't care about anyone. Nothing slides with them. I just don't understand how they could treat people like freaking nazi's there. It's insane!

WinCo Foods Logo WinCo Foods