Whirlpool Refrigerator / fridge not working!

1 India Review updated:

I made a very expensive mistake by buying a 400 lit double door refrigerator and from that time it was the end of my "Peace of Mind” which is your punchline!!Since July 2017 when the fridge was bought I have had to call the service centre t least 10 times. in this brief period the compressor has been changed, some other part has been changed twice , I have had to buy an AMC and also buy a stabilizer as I was advised by your technician that Whirlpool refrigerator does not function well without it!! Something unfortunately the salesperson did not inform at the time of selling this terrible product. It is surely the worst piece of machinery ever produced and I assure you it will not help your cause to have expensive film stars do a dance on TV to sell your products when your customers are going to tell as many people they can about how bad this product is. Anyway as on 1st Nov the fridge is not working again and in spite of logging the complaint early in the morning no one has bothered to show up till 3 p.m.I had also requested to speak to a senior person regarding this as I have already spent Rs.10000 on various and each time the fridge stops working I have to throw away all the stuff from the fridge! Can someone tell me who is going to pay? I think I should go to a consumer court.

Comments

• Di
      4th of May, 2007
    Whirlpool Refrigerator - bad customer service
    India

I purchased a fridge on 2 feb. Till date nobody has come for installation. I told them ,the dealer says nobody requires a refrigerator installation. Stay away from Whirlpool!

• As
      11th of Sep, 2007
    Whirlpool Refrigerator - refrigerator malfunctioning
    India

Purchased 340 lit whirlpool refrigerator 18 months back and since the delivery its balance points were not proper and inspite of several reminders and complaints regarding various malfunctioning specially door closing no one to attend the problem. AMC charges extra Rs. 3500/- also paid but no one to attend the problem saying spare is not coming from company.

11th of Dec, 2007
    Whirlpool Refrigerator - horrible scheduling for service
    A & E Factory Service
    5901 Citrys Heights, CA 95611
    San Francisco
    California
    Phone: 800 905 9505

Refrigerator bought at end of June is still on warranty, so I called for assistance. Interior of refer department and frozen section were filled with ice. First technician, who arrived around 7 pm for a 1-5 appointment diagnosed leak in sealer. Silicon caulked. Incorrect diagnosis. Called again, new service set up. Now diagnozed needed new sealer. Sealer ordered by technician. When it arrived I had to set up a third appointment. Now on November 30, when I called to remind the operator who sets up appointments, I was told I was not on the list for that day. New appointment for December 5 for 1-5 o'clock appointment. Received call at 3 pm stating technician would be there within an hour. Nobody had arrived by 7 pm. No more information. New set up for December 11. Call at 10 am. I had been assured because of earlier mess ups that I would be first in the morning, i.e. around 8 am - some of us customers believe we also have a life.

New Technician arrives at 10.30 and states nothing wrong with sealer. Problem is defrost timer. Luckily he has a timer, and with my help we struggle through the instructions on how to connect replacement timer. He defrosts refrigerator, is courteous and intelligent, and knows his stuff. Not true with previous technician, who clearly needed a lot of training.

How many hours have I had to wait, call to find out when I would receive service etc. By now about 25 hours of frustration. If this is the way of the future I will not buy any more American labeled appliances for my apartment buildings.

The scheduling system for this company STINKS.

• Gs
      25th of May, 2008

Sir,

I had purchased Whirlpool Ice Berg on 15/5/2017.

Since then due to several problems your co. has changed the fridge 3 times.

On one side we thank you for 3 replacements but on the other we underwent terrible mental pressure.

Now even the 3rd. fridge isnt working well, aprox. since last 30 days. The sensor was replaced then within a couple of days we were told that the thermostat needs to be replaced.But as of dt. no action taken.Sir we are LITTERALLY BEGGING to your service people but of no use.

Whirlpool a co. of high stds. should it's customers be treated like this.

I would be very happy if you could HELP us in this issue

• Sh
      29th of May, 2008
    Whirlpool Refrigerator - pathetic service
    Whirpool
    www.whirlpoolindia.com

First and foremost, the call center will action the complaint only after 48 hrs of the same being registered! Inspite of informing them the nature of complaint the service person lands up 72 hrs later with out the spare. The complaint was registered on 10May and till date a simple control nob has not been replaced. The local service manager in Bangalore is not available and the acting mgr has barred all incoming calls! As informed by the service person, models keeping changing every year and we need to keep up with that trend. You mean to say that the spares for a product purchased in 2017 would not be available?

I am unable to comprehend the companies attitude. Any suggestions?

Hassled consumer.

None given
    MAPLE
    New Jersey
    Phone: 856-722-5100

The cost for the service was very expensive, the technician was only at my home for 1/2 hour, it was only a clogged water line. No parts were used. Icalled to question the outragous charge and the owner of the company was very rude and would not reduce the charge.
    My advice.. Do not use this service.

Jc

• St
      30th of Sep, 2009
    Whirlpool Refrigerator - very bad after sales service
    Whirlpool India
    whirlpoolindia.com

My Whirlpool refrigerator conked off on thursday 24th of September 2017. We made a complaint to the call centre and were assured that an engineer will come home the next day to check the fridge.

The engineer did come home the next day. He checked the refrigerator and informed us that the compressor is blown and that the fan will need to be replaced and gas refilled.

We were assured that this will be taken care off on the coming Monday inspite of it being Dasshera. On Monday, no one turned up.

We informed the call centre and were assured that the complaint will be taken care off on Tuesday. No one turned up on Tuesday too.

We called the Call centre and asked to speak to the manager. We were informed that it is against company policy to disclose the name of the manager. So we spoke to a supervisor by the name of Dharmesh who very confidently guarnateed, I repeat guarnateed, that the fridge will be repaired on Wednesday.

We waited till late Wednesday, all the time calling the call centre to inform them that the engineer had not yet called up. Ultimately in desperation I called and asked to speak to Dharmesh. After making me hold the line for 10 minutes he comes online and LIES to me that the engineer is on his way. When we still did not recieve a call till around 7.30 PM I again called the CC and asked for Dharmesh. This time around I was informed that he had left the office.

I asked to speak to the supervisor on the floor. I was informed that one Naina will be calling me.

Today is Thursday, I still have a broken fridge with no engineers visit.

As of today, not a single Whirlpool appliance will ever enter my house for the rest of my life.

• Ip
      19th of Oct, 2009
    Whirlpool Refrigerator - sub-standard product
    WHIRLPOOL
    India

I bought a double door whirlpool refrigerator (ice-magic 310 litres)
    From a dealer in laxmi nagar, new delhi, in january 2017.

It has a warranty on compressors, which is valid for 05 years.

This january (2017), the compressor conked off, so they replaced with a new one (but charged me for gas filling & timer & relay)...in march, it again showed faulty functioning...in may whilpool enginners carried on a gas re-filling on my expense, but the fault could still not be completely rectified, as the cooling was not proper...in june they again suggested de-chocking of capillary tubes & a gas re-filling, which was done on my expense...!

Now in september, the company carried the refrigerator to their workshop, for repeating the de-choking process & gas - refilling + a relay etc replacement (at my cost)...in the workshop they also discovered that the compressor was not fucntioning properly, so again a new compressor was also provided... all this on 22nd. september, 2017.

... the funcyioning is still not proper, and now the engineer says that the thermostat will require replacement...!!!

That is the standard of products being dished out by whirlpool - use for 3-4 years (or till a problem does not crop up, then throw it off... and buy a new one, for sure)

I. parvez
    011-23301118
    [protected]@hotmail.com

• Vi
      19th of Jul, 2010

Today is Thursday, I still have a broken fridge with no engineers visit.

• Bo
      3rd of Jul, 2011

Did they fix it for you? Did they tell you how much it would cost you beforehand? then you have no gripe. Everything is expensive nowadays. Look at a loaf of bread $4.00. Its nuts. But you never mentioned the quality of their service. That is after all what you hired them for isn't it? Do you negotiate the price of a car after you buy it and think you paid too much? never. And your complaint is based on the fact that this company didnt reduce their bill???
    Grow up.
    Do you negotiate your insurance bill, how about your mortgage? What do you do for a living?