Whirlpool Refrigerator / poor quality product!

1 India Review updated:

I purchased one Whirlpool Refrigerator on 4th April 2006. Since then it is giving me problems - many times the service center technicians came but could not resolve the issue completely. Everytime they gave different reasons - in fact one of them also mentioned that "this piece seems problematic" - it is very disappointing to get faulty refrigerator from Whirlpool, who always claim to be the best. If in one year the refrigerator needs more than 6-8 services, what does it mean? I feel cheated and will never buy / recommend any Whirlpool products in future. I have sent my complaint to the corporate head office and am still to receive any reply from them. Is there anyway I can get this technical problem solved? I am really very upset and angry.

Comments

• Sk
      15th of Oct, 2007

We have bought a 230 liter Whirlpool refrigerator in Goregaon and we had so many problems . First we had to spend on a new compressor and gas. So we decided to take the service plan which again cost us money.

There was some issue with the PowerCord, we lodged our complaint in the month of August07, However the Services are so poor that till date (15th October) no one has turned to attend this call. In the Call Center this call still showing as Open. The Company tell me that the company does not have power chord. This is utter shameful for company which spends millions of rupees in Ads every year.

I am highly dissatisfied and recommending negatively for all the products of this company to all my friends.

• Kb
      3rd of Nov, 2007

My Whirlpool Fridge has been giving problem since last one month. The service provider, an authorized Whirlpool agency, is dodging to give a correct reply. They say it is a problem in the Top Panel & it has to be replaced. But the part has to come from Poone. My Homecare Plan application no is HP04037408. I had opted for an<2003-NF-0207-24> Plan code. This plan expires in june 2009. What is the use of this paper... Looks like scam to me!