Whirlpool Extended Warranty / A & E Service - Essex, CT / major frustration - be wary!

Whirlpool extended warranty / a & e service - essex, ct

On july 22 I experienced a problem with my whirlpool washer which was purchased in june of 202 and has been checked and repaired twice for improper spinning and water extraction. we have an extended service plan agreement. our problem was reported on july 23 and was told I could not get a service call until august 1. from a&e service. over a week! on aug. 1 a service call was made and the problem was diagnosed as a transmission replacement plus other parts. the parts arrived on august 2. a&e services did not arrive until august 8. I pleaded with them and the service company, I even called the whirlpool corporation. to no avail! it took 2 1/2 weeks for a&e to fix my machine! outrageous!

I since found out that a&e is a national organization that has contracts with whirlpool and other major corporations. I do not recommend this dis-service group. what was not explained to me is that I could have contacted an authorized whirlpool service, paid the bill and it would have been reimbursed by the extended service plan. this would have had my washer fixed in days vs. weeks, by a local dealer.

This was a major frustration - be wary!!!

Va

Comments

• Js
      4th of Oct, 2007

Ditto, only in my case the appliance is a KitchenAid diswasher in San Diego. I described the problem clearly on the phone. Even an amateur would know it required a new control board. Yet it took a week to schedule a "technician" who spent five minutes confirming the diagnoses then ordered parts to be delivered in a week or so. A & E is owned by Sears. What a disgrace.