Whirlpool Corp / defective brand new refrigerator
The Whirlpool refrigerator I purchased from Appliances Direct on Main Street in Kissimmee, Florida was delivered to our home on April 17, 2010 and it appeared to be working. My wife and I left for Miami the morning of April 19, 2010 and returned home at 8:00 PM, April 24, 2010. The food in our refrigerator was spoiled and Appliance Direct was closed until Monday morning. I contacted Appliance Direct on Monday and a repairman arrived in the afternoon. The problem was a defective Main Control Board that needed to be replaced. I expected Appliance Direct to replace the defective refrigerator with a new one but they would only agree to repair it. I contacted Whirlpool Corporation and they would only repair it.
The bottom line when dealing with brand new (defective) appliances, the manufacture, (Whirlpool) will not replace the defective appliance with a new one unless the problem is so serious, that it needs to be returned to their factory. Their policy is to repair the defective appliance, regardless of the inconvenience it may cause you. When I purchase a new appliance, I expect it to be new, not defective or repaired. This experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth. The real test for rating an appliance or company is not when you buy it but when it breaks down. Whirlpool Corporation has apparently initiated a return policy similar to their policy in Third World countries--"Don't Replace It--Repair It". My advice to anyone contemplating purchasing a Whirlpool appliance, is to seriously reconsider it. And, if you do decide to purchase a Whirlpool product, make sure you are dealing with a reputable dealer who will exchange the appliance if it is defective within the first few days of purchase.
More Whirlpool Corp Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw 
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback 
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products