Whirlpool / faulty rerigerator

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased a whirlpool icemagic f26 elite refrigator 2years back. Last year the gas leaked out so it took the company a week to get back the fridge in running condition. Now the fridge was off for a week as we were out on a vacation. When we came back & switched on the fridge it was not cooling. An engineer came & said that again the gas needs refilling. Next day the person came & cut some pipe & said that the compressor is gone. How r we suppose to work in this heat? They say they will get it done by tomorrow but don't know.
This is our second fridge as the first one became faulty and was replaced within 6 months of its installation. This shows the poor performance of the company product and its service. Customers get unnecessary trouble because of faulty items. I need a replacement of the refrigerator

Comments

• Pi
      20th of Apr, 2008

That is the condition of Whirlpool. They have lousy products and think that if they have big stars endorsing the brand it is great but I think I will be telling their story to as many people as possible. The fridge is now 2 years old.. has had the compressor changed once and the gas has leaked out 7 times!!

• Ra
      4th of Apr, 2014

A repair was done and faulty part replaced on 20th March, 2014. The refrigerator seemed to work well for a day but developed problem similar to the one before repair. Calling the company ever since but none seem to care. No one has attended yet (4th April 2014).