WestJet / delayed flight & horrible customer service

I am very disappointed in how my experience with westjet was today. My father past away last night and I am rushing to srilanka with my wife. My westjet flight # 744 from toronto to boston was delayed by over 3 hours (Flight was supposed to leave at 5:15pm and arrive at boston at 7:05pm but did not arrive in boston untill 10:10 pm) and my connecting flight to doha had already left by the time I had reached the boston airport. The time is now 1:10am and I am stuck at the airport trying to get help figuring out how I am going to make it to srilanka. I called westjet and the customer service rep was not helpful as she said that there was nothing westjet could do. She said that I would have to wait 24hrs and try to board onto the next flight which is leaving at 9:35pm tomorrow. All the hotels nearby are sold out and I am forced to take a taxi 30min away from the airport to the nearest available hotel at this time. I understand that flights get delayed sometimes but the least westjet could have done was offered a compensation for the hotel. Absolutely nothing was offered other than the rudeness of the customer service rep. I fly often with westjet with my family and have never faced such poor quality in service.

Ar