Westgate Resorts / class action

4.4
Westgate Resorts
Tennessee
Attention Westgate Victims:

Visit this website: utahstories.com. Read the article Timeshare Traps and Your Legal Rights. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the article, post a comment (tell your story), and submit. They will respond quickly and you won't be sorry!!! Class action in waiting.

Good Luck!
Complaint comments Comments (59)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Travel & Vacations

Comments

N  17th of Jul, 2009 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes

Westgate Resorts - Westgate: we all love to hate LIES
Westgate Resorts
Orlando
Florida
westgateresorts.com

LIES ARE BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! Do NOT believe anything they say. The contract changes at will. You only own the air because you sure cannot use your timeshare.
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
@Jenny Manuel contact us we can get you out of the westgate nightmare
guaranteed
A  17th of Dec, 2009 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
No Communication. We have never received a "billing" for the annual fees and cannot talk to anyone with authority when we try to contact them. Tired of "estimating" what the fee will be and mailing. Cannot have anyone tell me what my account number is nor have them send us a card to show our membership number. NEVER get an itemized year-end statement and cannot talk to anyone in athority that can tell us what our balance is and it should be very low by now! TOTALLY DISGUSTED with Westgate!
D  19th of Dec, 2009 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Maybe you can't communicate properly. I have been a WG owner in Orlando for many years, have weeks that I use, weeks that I exchange, and weeks that I rent out that pays for all of the other weeks. Whenever I have a question (seldom because it is quite self explanatory) I call and they tell me exactly to the last penny, pound, and peso what I need to send in while I receive my referral money. It sounds like you have personal problems and you are blaming others for your shortcomings.
N  1st of Feb, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I purchased a WG property when my kids and I were celebrating our birthday about four years back. I thought that would be great to have for them. Well I was told the about the every other year and also the taxes I would have to take care of if I stayed during that year. Well that proved to be untrue and I had to pay and was told it would be cleared up thereafter. Well it was not. I understand that their are those who may not have problems and most who apparently do. I have two friends who bought into the timeshare and when they fould out I had also they were upset. I remembered them having it but I never was told about them using it. There was a reason for that. In a nutshell, the three of us were not pleased. Not only was monies lost but wasted.
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
@my problem please allow us to help
we can get your westgate ownership cancelled guaranteed
N  5th of Nov, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@my problem How can we connect
Frustrated owner...
N  6th of Feb, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree +2 Votes
My husband and I were on vacation in Myrtle Beach SC in 2006 and sat in a timeshare sales for Westgate and purchased the timeshare because is sounded so good! Well their sales people new what they were doing. We bought it hook, line and sinker.
Well 2010 is the year we get to use it and guess what? They have no vacancy for the week of July 24th which is the week we have to use because of my husbands job. I called to place my reservation in January of this year and they tell me no vacancy. Needless to say I was ticked! I called about it and all they could say was "Sorry" you need to call 11 months in advance. I said we own this timeshare right? then why can't we have priority over someone else who just calls to reserve and don't even have ownership and don't even have to pay maintenance fees! This is just a big rip off!
Westgate should be turned over to the BBB for screwing people!
A  26th of Feb, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Me and my wife bought a property and they mis sold us the insurance when we tried to claim the insurance when my wife took chronicly we thought the mortgage would be paid off - there was no insurance - then we received a letter saying they had actually moved insurers but they did not explain the contract with us properly and have put me down as the main insurer when it was my wife that was the primary insured - now we have bills coming out our ears my wife is ill and they will not stop hasseling us.

For 3 years I have been trying to get it resolved for and all the time they took the mortgage money from my wife's dads credit card even after being told to stop as it was not her card.

they have left us in serious debt for something we will never see materialize

Westgate resorts are fraudsters they should go to prison and the notaries with them - they are supposed to be impartial and protect the consumer but they are in on the scam !!!
N  5th of Nov, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@alan mclaughlin Simular story, please reply to
A  4th of May, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have not had any problem with Westgate until just recently(May 2010). I owe them for maintenance fees for 2009 (3.5 months late - after I paid them 20% of it) they turned it over to collections. They are crooks and deceitful. They do not care and I would never recommend buying from them. It is a waste. I already have hotel perks from Marriott and HHonors. The maintenance & taxes have gone up each year, now they want over $900. I hate to see what it will be next year, because of Foreclosures and less revenue coming in for them.
N  11th of May, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
We stupidly purchased a bi annual time share with westgate in park city utah in feb 2009 with our first year of use being 2010... During the sales presentation we were completely and totally mislead by not only the sales rep but by his manager too! Now that we have decided to book our vacation, low and behold all the false information we were given has come to light!! We were told we could use any week between may 15th and oct 15th of every other year because the rest of the year is ski season. Now they say we can only use between april 16th and may 16th !! that is a tiny bit different!! Over the last year we have paid in over $3000.00 !! we could have had a great vacation for that amount!! now we have nothing to show for it and we have vowed not to pay them another red cent!! credit be damned!! if you are contacted by westgate resorts ... RUN as fast as you can!!
@Angela mj1234 we can help
we get your westgate contract cancelled guaranteed
A  2nd of Nov, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
My husband and I purchased a Westgate timeshare in Myrtle Beach in 2006 (2 bedroom), understanding the property wouldn't be ready until 2009. We didn't call 11 months in advance, so missed our opportunity in 2009 for a vacation. While in Orlando in 2010, we were told that for a much smaller fee, we could purchase an upgrade to 4 bedrooms, or two weeks at 2 bedrooms. This changed our ownership to Orlando. Now we are told that we can't visit Myrtle Beach in the summer with our timeshare. I spent $35K in Myrtle Beach and $7K in Orlando and now can't use Myrtle Beach. I want my Myrtle Beach week back and nobody at Westgate is willing to help us or to listen to us. They are very helpful when selling and less than useless when and issue arises.
A  6th of Nov, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Westgate resort is a scam... They told me we were getting a five star resort and its actully a 3 star resort in Orlando...I tryed to change a week for a defferent resort I had to pay a third party company to switch resort which when I purchased the timeshare they told us we can switch locations any time for free...Please include me in a class action...
@adrian310 Me too for class action
Leave phone # please
A  10th of Nov, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We received a leter stating for $99 we can get vacation in Orlando with 2 tickets to theme park just for listening to a 90 minute presentation on timeshares. Also was included 3 night stay at a few other vacation spots. The presentation lasted 4 hours including a short tour while my kids were at the hotel with nothing to do. We expected to be staying at the resort but instead were in a hotel. The hotel we were at they had just purchased and had construction crews all over. The building and inside was not inviting. We had a 2 bedroom hotel suite with a little kitchen. Again we expected the big spacious rooms of the resort. The hotel had a pool but during our 4 days there we could not use it because it was closed most of the time. It was closed for work being done and once it was closed because the owner had a birthday party. We ended up buying a timeshare figuring I could come home and get money from my profit sharing and pay it off. I did not know I could not do that. By the time we had stayed our 4 days and drove home to Michigan it was almost a week later. They refused to cancel our contract because it was past the usual 3 days. I tried to reason with them but they said I have to pay. Well I couldnt afford the payments so they started calling me. They wouldnt work with me. I tried to see if they would let me pay the back payments and then cancel contract. He said they cant do that.Eventually it was sent to collection. He suggested I rent it or sell it. I said just take it back and re-sell. He said cant re sell them. I said that is what time share is. Selling the same unit 52 times a year. I checked into reselling or renting but got nowhere. He said I could loose my house because I signed a mortgage on this. Then I found out I had purchased the week that someone else had and they got a refund. I checked with a lawyer in Florida and he said its possible they could take my house but their lawyer would have to come here. Finally the collection guy took a settlement offer that I borrowed to get this off my back. I told him WR wouldnt take a settlement. He said but I can. I finally got rid of it but not till it went to collection and messed my credit up. Took a year to do.
A  10th of Nov, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Please include me in any class action suit if there is any.We have been lied to and I want out!!
@mommabee135 contact us we will get you out of westgate timeshare
N  28th of Nov, 2010 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
WEST GATE RESORTS STRIKES AGAIN !!! WE attended a sales presentation of theirs for their travel club but decided to pass it up and not buy. We were promised some wonderful gifts for our time if we attended which might have made it all worthwhile. We were given a paper to contact Certs to redeam our gift but Certs turned out to be the biggest scam, rip off company we had ever encountered. We sent them a money order, they cashed it, but told us that they never had even received it. We had sent the money order registered return receipt and we had that, we also got verification from the post office that the money order had been cashed, but only after going to the State's Attorney General's Office and filing a complaint could we get our money refunded. Well, , , we got the money back after many headaches, a year later, but that still left us with no gift as we had been promised by West Gate. We contacted West Gate but hit a dead -end brick wall, totally unhelpful and not forthcoming with a gift as West Gate had promised us. We again filed a complaint with the State of Florida but were unable to budge West Gate into giving what they had promised us. That is shabby and dishonorable business practice on the part of West Gate. WE would never consider ever going to any of their offers or sales promotions again. We don't want to get involved with a company that is dishonest to the core and doesn't stand behind it's promises. Regina and Jos'e Rosa Miami Florida reginarosamiami at yahoo dot com
A  14th of Jan, 2011 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
PURCHASE DATE WAS 7/28/07. PROBLEM WITH FINANCE AGREEMENT. WAS LEAD TO BELIEVE ONE CHARGE AND HAVE RECENTLY DISCOVERED A DIFFERENT AMOUNT. OWNER RELATIONS VERY UNCOOPERATIVE. MAKES EXCESSIVE CALLS EVEN AFTER PAYMENTS WERE MADE DEMANDING PAYMENT. NOT ABLE TO EXPLAIN WHY CAN WE COULD NOT STAY IN UNIT THAT WAS RESERVED ONCE ARRIVED ON PROPERTY. CONTINUE TO PRACTICE HIGH PRESSURE SALES EVEN THOUGH ON VACATION ALTHOUGH INDICATING NOT INTEREST AND DISSATISFACTION WITH COMPANY. HOUSEKEEPING JUST HANDED US A BAG OF TOWELS, SOAP, AND TOILET PAPER, THEN ASKED US TO SIGN THAT THE WORK WAS DONE. AGREED TO REFINANCE AT ZERO PERCENT IF ANOTHER DOWN PAYMENT WAS MADE AND NOT CREDIT WOULD BE GIVEN FOR THE AMOUNT ALREADY PAID. ONLY ABOUT $30 OF THE $140 PAYMENT EACH MONTH WAS ACTUALLY GOING TOWARDS THE PRINCIPAL OF THE PROPERTY. CAN NEVER GIVE AN ANSWER WHEN ASKED HOW CAN THEIR PRACTICES BE LAWFUL. RESPONSE IS ALWAYS RUDE AND DEFENSIVE. WILLING TO JOIN WITH ANY CLASS ACTION SUITS. HAVE CONTACTED WESTGATE RESORTS, FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, AND ATTORNEY GENERAL ON THE MATTER. ADVISE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME.
N  18th of Jan, 2011 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
WEST GATE IS WITHOUT HONOR AND UNSCRUPULOUS. They told me that I had never changed my points into weeks and deposited them with RCI but I DID ! The same as I did for 9 years, I did also in the 10 th year in 2010 also but they never recorded it somehow and they say I have lost my vacation time even though I have paid the annual maintenance fees. Now I have to file a complaint with the state's attorney general's office about them, again ! I am so angry . Silver Lake did the same thing but I caught it in time and got ti deposited with RCI. What is with these companies. What SCAMS ! I am sorry I ever bought into this at all. Even on the resale market, the costs of maintenance are getting way too high.
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@FloridaGoldenGirl we can get you out of your westgate timeshare guaranteed
N  18th of Jan, 2011 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
One thing people ! IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW NOT TO PAY YOUR BILL. This is not England and this is not the middle ages, if you don't want to or can't pay the bills, you won't go to debtors prison and they can not take your house ! All they can do is ruin your credit and they will, and get mad that someone got the better of them. I had a horrible situation with White Sands in Waikiki when it became Celebrity. The prior owner Leisure, had filed bankruptcy but put out an illegal call for a special fee from each owner to increase their cash flow just before the bankruptcy took place. I didn't pay that fee, it was not in my contract, but then we had a Hurricane, Andrew, in Miami, and I lost my paper contract in it. The rest of the story is an on-going conflict but I am not and have not paid them anything more. They falsified papers showing the date of the lease, and I am in awe at how brazenly they have behaved in this.
N  23rd of Jan, 2011 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Please include me in the class action suit. I have been overcharged in maintenance fees and have never used my weeks because they are always booked. I am sick of them and the interest rate is outrageous. my email is dannielle59@hotmail.com
N  11th of Feb, 2011 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
We would love to be part of a class action suit. They are crooks. I think the "secret pouch" where the documents were stored (hidden) helped up when it went to some of the various commissions we sent letters to. BBB is a joke. After many months, we were able to get out of our contract with Westgate. From the get go, we did not pay a dime, other than our downpayment. There were many telephone converstations with them, and a lot of letter writing. Very stressful time but we were able to get out of the contract. If you are new to this, DO NOT MAKE ONE PAYMENT!
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@CQW we can get you out of the westgate scam guaranteed
N  26th of Feb, 2011 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Is there a class action going on for Westgate? as an owner I would like to be a part of it. have had to bank all my weeks cause can't get a week to use with the. lied to many times. rules change daily.

service4u414@aol.com
N  1st of Mar, 2011 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
My husband & I had purchased a condo in Orlando, Fl w Westgate Resorts in Aug. of 2009. Then in Nov. 2009 my husband went to Las Vegas & stopped by the new Planet Hollywood Hotel, he asked if he could stay there since he had bought in Florida. They told him "NO" cause it was a 7 star hotel & what he bought was a 5 star! They told him he needed to upgrade there. He decieded to upgrade to a 7 star & monthly paymnts would increase. Now after almost 2 yrs. We find out that he did not have to upgrade, he could have stayed there. So now we have a more expensive payment for no reason. Just cause either they did not know the information correct or they were just lying to us to get commission for selling something!! What can we do in this situation? ada8259@yahoo.com

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree