Western Union / paid less than the currency exchage rate
This is the third time I received money from the US, sent to me through Western Union to this particular agency in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. However, this time they paid me an exchange rate much less than that of today's posted exchange rate for USD to Brazilian Real. The typical rate is 1.82 real to the US dollar. I only received 1.75, but left because the woman working there seems violent and might have a weapon. I then went to another Western Union up the Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana and they would have paid me a total of 180 reales, but Renova Cambio Exchange only paid me 175 reales for the $100 UDS that was sent to me. The first time I had gone to this agency, this one woman working there, cussed me out on Portuguese about discrepancy regarding my two last names and the fact that the money was sent to me with only one last name; and when I had the person sending the money re-send it and pay an additional fee to change my name to have the two lasst names, this rude woman, Jaquelinha, gave me the middle finger behind the glass window, and made me wait about an hour to get my money. I think Western Union should know their employee Jaquelinha, at Renova Cambio Exchange (Av. Nsa. Sra. de Copacabana, 187-loja D) is stealing from customers and also acting in an unsuitable, strange manner.
More Western Union Complaints & Reviews
- Western Union - email scams 
- Western Union - declined money transfe - ridiculous reason 
- Western Union - banned from using service 
- For: Western Union Payment Service Malaysia - scam inheritance 
- Westerwestern Union& <infosignwesternunion.com - fake email 
- Western Union Financial Services - denial of money transfers
- Western Union Financial Services - I can no longer send money to my family in prison??
- Western Union Financial Services - unbelievable
- Western Union Financial Services - westernunion
- Western Union Financial Services - a western union machine down