Having problems with Balboa Capital?

Balboa Capital Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 225 2621 (Head Office)
+1 949 756 0800 (Head Office)
+1 855 816 7999 (Northwest Regional Office)
+1 800 280 5624 (Southwest Regional Office)
+1 877 249 0110 (Pacific Northwest Office)
575 Anton Boulevard, 12th Floor
Costa Mesa, California
Northwest Regional Office
4000 Executive Pkwy, № 385, San Ramon, CA 94583

Southwest Regional Office
15279 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite B-245, Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Pacific Northwest Office
1227 West Summit Parkway, Spokane, WA 99201

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Balboa Capital Customer Service. Initial Balboa Capital complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Balboa Capital above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Balboa Capital. Discuss the issues you have had with Balboa Capital and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Balboa Capitalsales call

I am writing to complain about a extremely rude and disrespectful sales call we received today. The girl that called was pushy and hung up on me. She asked for the person in charge and I explained to her that she was not available right now and who she needed to talk to and she said to me I need to talk to someone else. I told her again that the person she needed to speak with was not here and offered to take her name and number and have her call her when she returned and she said to me..."So your telling me your the only person there?" Once AGAIN i told her that the person she needed to speak with was gone. She then hung up on me. I thought this was rude and disrespectful.

Balboa Capitalconmen

I barely escaped the clutches of this con job,
    They signed me up to recive 30k then send me dociments for 8 k afterbibwas put through everything and signed the agreement for thirty k, the needed my commitmemt fee amd the aigned document along with id and a voided check, all sent amd they said ibwill get the loan docs the next day and fund the day after for the 30 k, i made commitments based on the 30k and the bery next day the dics came to me for 8 k, , and a 150 percent payback with daily payments, wow so i ran to bank stopped oaymemt on my check for commitemt fee and they were alteady trying to presemt the check, bait and switch, , , DONT GO HERE FOR penny, , then the sales guy actually had the nerve to be rude when i spoke to him anout what they did, ,

Balboa Capitallease

Problem after problem... want return phone calls. Tried to get out of a lease that they want let end. Hired an attorney to make sure I took proper steps.. they want respond to me or the attorney. They think their buy out price at the end of the lease is a new truck. Biggest mistake we have ever made was using this company.. all you have to do is look at the negative reviews all over the web.

Balboa Capitalequipment lease

Small Business owners- **** BE CAREFUL WITH THIS UNETHICAL LENDER*****
        Balboa capital has a very deceptive business practice.
        They will continue to charge the quarterly payments even after the lease is over.
        I have asked them to refund the un-authorized payment and security deposit several times but they have not responded nor returned but keep charging/ sending invoices.
        They will sneak all kinds of fees. They have very deceptive fine line conditions that allegedly puts you on
        Another lease for a year even if you have told them to finish the lease contract.
        The customer service people are basically very sneaky and trained to steal and rob small business owners.
        They are still practicing predatory lending.
        They would not refund the security deposit and unauthorized extra payments taken out from the account.
        They will frequently try to add junk charges on their invoices - For Example - they will add charges for insurance even though insurance has been always covered and proofs sent to them. They are very notorious in charging extra fees anytime they can if you don't catch them. All along the term of lease this notorious lender has charged junk fees.
        You are dealing with Financial Vultures at Balboa Capital.
        They have an amazing [protected]@balboacapital.com. People are trained in that department to extort money from small business owners. There customer service department is really not for customers. They will say you have one payment left or two payments left when I inquired but will keep charging beyond those one or two payments. Very clearly told them that We do not want to keep this equipment after the lease payments are done, customer service rep said no problems - you have 2 more payments left under the lease. After the 2 payments were done, I called them again and the customer service rep says oh, you have one more payment left on the lease. That blew my mind. I asked them to send detailed payment statement. I asked the Rep - I had requested no more payments and I am not using these servers (leased equipment) for the last 7-8 months, you need to pick them up or I can send wherever you need these sent. The rep then says - oh please send a letter by certified mail and will see what we can do to get you out of this. Sent them the letter by certified mail - then they came back - you have four more quarterly payments left as we renewed you forcefully and automatically in an annual contract. But the contract's paragraph 16 has monthly payment provision for after lease rental and there is no quarterly payment provision. But they keep sending quarterly invoice to trick you into the payments. This is a trick used by them so that a small business owner will not find out that the lease term is over. They will never send you any instructions where to return the equipment as they want to forcefully enroll you in a lease for 4 more payments over and over again (This is their internal game).
        Tried speaking with the manager of the customer service department and that was pretty much wastage of time. Very rightfully - this lender HAS ZERO customer service. The manager was as worse as it can get. She did not want to check any records. She asked the dates and time I spoke to the customer service department 9-10 months ago? How would one remember the dates when you have talked to their customer service department? Does she remember what she ate 10 days ago? How many people really write and record all the conversation dates they have had with someone during the year. I talked to the customer service people frequently. I sensed they are unethical from day one when they started slapping junk fees with no knowledge. If I were to deal with an ethical company - they will never ask such un-practical questions.
        This kind of lenders are a shame in the Finance Industry.

Balboa Capitallease contract

We entered into a lease agreement back in 2012 with balboa capital. We paid out the lease early because the equipment is no longer useful as inks and parts will no longer be available.in trying to get a comparison between the buyout price (Fair market value) and the cost of shipping it back, they stalled until the automatic renewal took effect. We did not send a certified letter of intent 180 days out. Although we did not send the letter, nowhere on the lease agreement do the list an address to send such letter to. They knew what our intent was, but the rude lady can only say that they do not know because we didn't send it in a certified letter. This is a very underhanded way of extorting money from small companies who cannot legally afford to fight them.

Balboa Capitalleasing

This company is very deceitful and apparently doesnt care about their clients opinion of them, look at all of the negative reviews. I urge no one to use this company and as a business community we push to put them out of business. I warn everyone about section two in their agreement.in there they have the discretion to pick when the lease starts and require a pro-rated amount to bridge from the date of payment to the actual lease but they never say what that amount is or the actual commitment date they they continually refer to when I call them. Thus you end up paying more than the terms that are posted in the lease terms and conditions. Additionally, they have your bank account info so you have zero recourse. I have spoke with people in their office and this is s. O. P. And the answer is always, read section 2 in your contract. I made the mistake of trusting michael della. This mistake bumped my interest rate from 11.7% to 17.4%. I am leaving complains all of the internet and I hope that everyone that has had the same issues does the same. I have learnt my lesson and I don't want anyone else to be taken advantage of like I was.

Balboa Capital — unauthorized charges and triple purchase amount buyout

This is my second complaint against balboa capital. The first complaint is them charging over $2000 in fee...

Balboa Capital — predatory fraudulent loan

Customer No: 161229 Lease No: [protected] To Whom It May Concern My Name is Dr. Mehran Tavakoli, and I have...

Balboa Capital — equipment lease

My issue is very similar to many who have posted. Our company set up a lease with Balboa for computer...

Balboa Capital — their contracts are comprised in difficult and wrong for the customers' way

Guys, be aware of Balboa Capital Corporation. I have signed the contract with them, but it was comprised in...

Balboa Capital — the company changed the conditions of the contract and started to take larger sum

I have signed the contract with Balboa Capital. I got the credit from them and we agreed that they would take...

Balboa Capital — no honoring 10% buyout

We negotiated a lease agreement with Balboa's representative that included a 10% buyout of the equipment...

Balboa Capital — lied about $1 buyout and extra charge

We had financed a new piece of equipment with Balboa Capital about year and half ago and were lead to believe...

Balboa Capital — beware of scam!

Do not lease anything from this company! We bought a business in 2006 and decided to add a piece of equipment...

Balboa Capital — high fees

balboa capital is the worst company i have ever had dis-pleasure of doing business with. they new up-front...

Balboa Capitallied about $1 buy out

My husband leased business equipment thru Balboa Capital and this was his first lease for a new business he opened and the sales person told him there was a $1 buyout but the contract stated fair market value the equipment depreciated and was selling for under $3, 000 at the end of the contract Balboa Capital wanted $10, 000 at end of lease my husband was active duty military at the time and was serving in the MiddleEast so he contacted them to return the equipment and could never get anyone to call him back they eneded up filing a judgement on him which is against the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act we are working to get his judgement overturned and hiring a lawyer to sue them for placing the judgement on my husbands credit. I would never use this company they have a huge bait and switch policy

• Ra
                  Randy Ly May 06, 2014

We are currently going through the same exact experience with Balboa Capital. We were lead to believe we were signing up for a $1 buyout of the equipment we were financing but paperwork stated fair market value buyout. The financing person who helped us acknowledge it but was only willing to change to $1 buyout lease if we were to finance another equipment with them. This is a clear "bait-and-switch" situation. For the term of the lease, we would have paid over 130% of the value of the equipment already, but in the end will still have to pay fair market value for it. They charged us on extra payment indicating it was interest payment for time they needed to set up our initial payment (which our finance agent indicated was not going to happen since it would be short period to set up). Currently we are waiting for the lease to expire and return the equipment to them. We would never do business with Balboa Capital again and suggest others to be extra careful. It seems like the culture of their company. Anyone with any suggestion as to deal with this situation please contact me at "[email protected]".

• Todd Abrams Sep 08, 2011

i worked out an agreement with balboa and i withdraw my negative comments

• Todd Abrams Sep 01, 2011

bad people. i had a similer experience.

Balboa Capital — not honoring buy out

Balboa Capital said that I owe them the fair market value of lease at end of term. After I still made payment...