Western Dental / crooked billing practices

Oakland, CA, US Review updated:

Western failed to provide necessary information to my insurance company in order to receive payment. Western began harassing me for payment using robo-calls (automatically dialed calls). After many harassing calls, I got Western to talk to the insurance company. Thereafter, Western admitted that it was their fault, but the harassing calls continued. With each call (to my home, cell and work) I reminded them that it was their fault and that I wanted the calls stopped. They said that they could not stop the robo-calls until the bill was paid. The calls continued. Finally, Western received payment from my insurance company. The calls continued. I provided to Western the check numbers. The calls continued. I confirmed with my insurance company that the checks had been cashed. The calls continued. I have asked to speak to supervisors. They are "in a meeting" and have not responded to my request to speak to a supervisor. The calls have continued. I have written their corporate office. The calls have continued. I have filed complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs. Apparently, consumer affairs is not covered by the California Department of Consumer Affairs. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau... so far they have not responded. I asked my insurance company to see if there was anything they could do, but they said no. Does anyone know of an attorned that is interested in a case? Whatever you do, never, never, never, never use Western Dental.

Ra

Comments

• Ps
      Aug 26, 2009

Hi! I also am having a problem with Western Dental in Modesto, CA. I have already requested a packet to file a complaint with the Dental Board of California. The number is [protected]. This number was provided through Denti-Cal for filing complaints about dentists and their offices. I hope this helps!

• Jd
      Jul 23, 2011

i too have been told "thier in a meeting" or been hung up on and been put on hold indefinetly when asking for a supervisor in the collections department. when i contacted the billing department to try and sort things out and stop the calls the broad on the phone said that it's out of here hands but she would send them an email. i asked why can't you just transfer and tell them now to get this over with, her answer was the person in charge of the collections never returns her calls. come on are these people for real, they can't even comunicate between thier own departments let alone us the customers, thier a joke stay away at all costs.