Wells Fargo / stop payment

1 Yuba City, CA, United States

I've been a Wells Fargo customer for many years and I'm appalled of the carelessness they have given to my account. I called them to make a stop payment on my account which I had mistakenly made twice it had not yet posted nor was it pending I was told they could definitely do that but they needed to charge me $31 for the stop payment service. I told them I was willing to pay the $31 but I did not want that charge to go thru. I gave them the amount of the charge which was $700+ and the name of the company who would be making the charge. Well a few days went by and I checked my account and noticed the charge had went thru!!! Not just that but they had charged me the $31 stop payment fee. I was so upset I called them. I was told they would open a claim and review the charge and I would see the amount reimbursed to my account within 10 days. Well today I got a letter letting me know I would not get reimbursed for my money because it was not done in a timely manner and I had authorized the payment with the company that had charged!!! I went off on them when I called and the representative that I spoke to told me he didn't understand why I was so upset because it was my mistake not there's. And just to add they were not returning my $31 stop payment fee all they could do was reimburse me $15. I will be closing my account with Wells Fargo after this they truly made me feel unappreciated and disrespected.

Vi