Wells Fargo Mortgage / phone calls

1 Ventura, CA, United States Review updated:

Wells Fargo Mortgage bought our home loan from another company. We had a situation a few months back where we knew we were going to have to pay our mortgage about 5 days late. We contacted WF a month in advance to let them know. We typically go into a WF branch to pay our mortgage and have a very professional and positive relationship with the bank. We were advised it was no problem and because of our good record and communication, we would not even be charged a late fee. We paid as promised. Ever since this incident, WF Mortgage calls us on a regular basis about "collecting a past due debt". One of the callers even inquried if I "was having personal problems" while asking me about our unpaid mortgage. I insisted we were/are up to date and every time the callers are relentless. I learned the mortgage side of WF and the banking side of WF don't seem to have anything to do with one another. I received a call last night and I very politely told the guy - we had one late payment, which was ok'd by your organization many months ago and so I think you need to update your records. His reply, "my records are accurate and I'm attempting to collect a past due debt." This organization is unbelievable. I am appalled at the nerve and outright unprofessional approach WF takes to handle these matters. I don't have the time to run this up the WF food chain and I'm sure they are counting on that when then teach their workers these types of tactics.

St

Comments

• Ci
      13th of Dec, 2010

We too are bombarded by their relentless, rude calls, beginning on the 5th of the month. They want their money on the 1st of the month. The 15 day grace period, required by LAW, means nothing to them. If you have not paid them by the 5th you will be called at home beginning at 8:30 am on Saturdays and Sundays, up to 3 or 4 times a day, up to 9:30 at night. They will also call you at your workplace. We have NEVER been late past the grace period. They asked us if we were having "personal problems" too. How rude of them to harrass and disrespect their good customers like this. I'm sure they don't get much repeat business. I will never deal with them again. We have had a mortgage with them for only 5 years, I don't think I can stand another 5 years with them. We have had a mortgage with GMAC for 25 years and they have NEVER called us! Stay away from this company!! They will harrass and hound you to death for no reason.