Wells Fargo / investment banking

1 Hesperia, CaliforniaApple Valley, United States Review updated:

My parents havea trust account at Wells Fargo. They are both deceased. I have been trying to close the bond for over a month. They keep sending me the incorrect paperwork which I do not need as they named me as both the executor of their estate and their successor trustee. Despite having all of the needed paperwork filed with the courts by my attorney they still keep requesting unneeded forms.
Closing the money market checking was a nightmare. I spent over two hours with a person who was on the phone with another office the entire time only to be told that the account could not be closed on the last day of the month. I then had to go back four days later and spend another two hours to finally close the account

Ma
Sep 21, 2018

Comments

• Cl
      29th of Sep, 2018

I went to close my deceased fathers account at Wells Fargo Friday. After 2 hours I was told that the stocks etc can’t be closed at that office it has to be done at another office, many miles away in another city, actually. Like you I was told it is a portfolio account and it is the end of the month, so I have to come back next Wednesday. Is this insanity or what I’m talking about 70, 000 dollars!!! It is now my money, not theirs. I also had all the court documents required and have been waiting for months to get from the court. The incompetent manager who knew nothing had to call someone every time she tried to do something. It was also extremely rude that when she was calling for help talking on speakerphone they communicated to each other in Spanish. I don’t speak Spanish, I live in USA, I speak English.