Wells Fargo Home Mortgage / home policy cancelation

1 Elgin, TX, United States Review updated:

We recieved a letter yesterday from our home policy company if they don't recieve a payment by christmas day(5 days away) they will cancel our policy. After investigating the past 12 months of payment statements, we discovered the Wells Fargo escrow department sent a payment to the home policy company a few months ago but it was not correct. We now have to come up with $239 to pay or be without insurance. I know Wells Fargo is going to get a really mad phone call tomorrow. I never had any problems with Wachovia. It's a shame they were turned over to Wells Fargo thru no fault of our own. I'm gonna pay the $239 to make sure we don't lose our insurance. Right now my hubby and I are not going to buy presents for each other. I also noticed on our last statement they haven't paid my county taxes like Wachovia did every November. Thank you Wells Fargo for trying to get us to lose our house.

Mr

Comments

• Gi
      6th of Mar, 2013

Sadly, you cannot assume the mortgage company will pay things correctly. Errors are often made. It's best to check periodically that the taxes/insurance are being paid correctly over the year, it's what I've learned to do when errors were made on my mortgage as well.