Wells Fargo Checkings / unfair practices and regulations!

MA, United States Review updated:

Im done with this bank!!!

I have been a loyal customer for 6 years and my story is the true definition of horror!!! First off my account was cleaned out in december 2011 by someone who managed to steal my check book. After filing numerous complaints, and affidavits, and having spent the only money I had faxing the signed affidavit back to them, they denied my request to refund me my money claiming I was negligent. As a result I have not been able to pay rent for months now and face eviction!!

It gets worse!!! As a last resort I begged a family member to wire transfer me some money under the assumption my account was still open for I never received notice that it would be closed. After the wire transfer was sent, I called wells fargo customer service to see how long the transfer would take and they rudely informed me that I would not be receiving the transfer for they had closed my account. This was done with absolutely no prior warning either by mail, email or phone. Furthermore to open a new account so as to receive the transfer, I was told I must first pay them for an overdraft incurred when the money was first stolen!!! Despite the rude agent, I kindly requested if they could open an account with the negative balance and once the transfer was sent again the overdraft would be taken care of. The agent rudely said "no way" this was possible and I would first have to pay the overdraft. Keep in mind that all my money and savings had been stolen!! I have never been more furious in my entire life!!! Not only do I now face eviction, I have had no money for months thus no food! I have had to rely on food banks for meals!

I am done being a wells fargo customer and have advised all my family members (20 in all) who have wells fargo accounts to close their accounts and move to other banks. My advice to anyone reading this, do not do business with wells fargo! You could loose everything!!!

Ha

Comments

• Ha
      24th of Apr, 2012

The exact same thing happened to some friends I know and they BOTH GOT THERE MONEY BACK!!! They were NOT with Wells Fargo and were way more "negligent" than I was and yet their bank understood and returned to them whatever was taken! What makes Wells Fargo soooooooo special and different than these two banks!!!

Putting more money into the account WAS the ONLY way and the fastest way I could receive any help/funds. IM THAT DESPERATE!!! Try not eating for days and see what you would do!!! After reporting the matter to the police all they did was take my statement and inform me that they would contact me if their investigations lead to an arrest. I have not heard a word back from them!

24th of Apr, 2012

Your right...they roll over to reward thieves and screw their customers!!!

24th of Apr, 2012

Someone had a great Christmas with my money while I was eating air! I would love to see your checkbook stolen and your account cleaned out! I wonder if you would still side with the bank!

• 2b
      26th of Apr, 2012

You lost your checkbook but its the banks fault? As soon as that happened you should have marched over to wells fargo and closed your account and open a new one. What did you think the person was going to do with the stolen checks? Frame them?

27th of Apr, 2012

Il say this ONE more time!!! I did NOT loose my checkbook, IT WAS STOLEN!!! And by the time I realized it was missing my account had already been cleaned out!!! I called the bank ASAP for there is NO local branch in my state!!! Im NO PSYCHIC!!