Wells Fargo Auto Finance / harassing phone calls

Wichita, KS, United States Review updated:
3.2
I cant beleive I financed a vehicle with this company. I have had so many people tell me how crappy they are and I still did it...
My truck payment is due on the 28th or 29th of the every month. I am not behind - I have a 10 grace period on my loan. Yet if I dont make the payment by the 1st the calls start rolling in. They call every hour on the hour. 1st the toll free number will appear on my caller id - then a south dakota number - then a missouri number - then a conn number, and it all starts over the next hour. Never do they leave message. THIS PLACE IS RIDICULOUS!!! MAN I SURE REGRET DOING BUSINESS.

Comments

Jo
  12th of Feb, 2009
I was told that I had a 10 grace period when I first opened an auto loan with Wells Fargo, however that was a lie. The collections departments starts calling OVER AND OVER AND OVER after two days being late. I had a 10 grace period with Toyota and they NEVER did anything as silly as this bank. I would have given my business to someone else if I had known the kind of liars these people are.

I am looking now to find another company to refinance with because I cannot deal with Well Fargo and their foolishness.
He
  27th of Aug, 2009
My dad died at the age of 55 last month VERY unexpectedly. His auto loan was through Wells Fargo.

My grandfather is the co-signer on the loan. Grandpa who is 80 started receiving the harassing phone calls from Wells Fargo and was even threatened that he either had to make a payment by a certain time that night or the vehicle would be reported as stolen and he would be charged with grand theft auto! Totally false threats!!

I worked in a police department for 7 years and KNOW that it is a civil matter and they cannot report the vehicle at that point, stolen. BUT dear old grandpa wired them a payment anyway...

We've been trying to work with Wells Fargo and the woman we have been in contact with will not budge at all. So, the vehicle will be going back to them and they can auction it off for $4, 000 less than what we are offering them.

At the age of 80 and 3 pensions that are covered against garnishment, you would think that Wells Fargo has a lot to lose and would want to work with us. We have absolutely nothing to lose anymore. Grandpa has no use at that age for credit and with the loss of my dad (his son) and my grandma recently diagnosed with terminal cancer, how long do they expect to collect from Grandpa anyway???

We've contacted an attorney regarding the threats their collection people made and we will never finance a loan through Wells Fargo again.

DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH WELLS FARGO...EVER!
Mb
  22nd of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
There is actually a 10 grace period for your vehicle but that's only before a late charge is put on your due date is still the day it says on your contract, the calls are too remind you of the payment. Maybe if you made your payment on time you wouldn't have to worry about so many phone calls
Tu
  27th of Mar, 2010
John G. Stumpf, C.E.O Wells Fargo
1090 Chestnut St, Apt 12
San Francisco, CA 94109-1230

HOME PHONE # (415) 346-8543

Call John at home and tell him that you don’t like frivolous phone call from Wells Fargo. If enough people call him at home he might start to understand!

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo