Wells Fargo Auto Finance / inappropriate service!

In 2003 I financed a new Ford Focus thru Wells Fargo Auto Finance, formerly known as Wells Fargo Financial. I must say that I never really had a problem with the account for the first three years. Then, due to divorce proceedings, I began to fall on really hard times financially. I asked, several times, for a grace period on my payments and was denied. Then, My spouse moved out of state and as per our agreement, he took the Focus with him. He would make the payments from that state, in his name but using the proper account numbers. However, EVERY month Wells Fargo would send ME the bill, and call me several times, demanding that I make the payments. (I was primary on the account). Whenever I would call my ex, he would assure that the payments were being made. I had no reason to doubt him. This month, Sept 2007, my ex paid-off the account in full. So... guess what! My expectation is that I am paying off an account so that I may be in receipt of my car title, free and clear!. Wells Fargo, Instead sent me a BOGUS Release of Title and Affidavit of Loss (of Title). THEY LOST? MY TITLE! I did my part and TRUSTED them to do theirs...they did not. Not only that, but the Affidavit that they sent me was improperly signed by their Records Clerk, and it came from a bank that was not on record with the Washington State DOL. Also, the Affidavit had incorrect information and was NOT Notarized. SO I have taken time from work to drive to the WA State DOL Main Office to find out that I must wait even longer and go thru several steps to be able to get a clear title for the car. (In the mean time it is setting in Texas, awaiting a clear title so that it may be re-registered). Firstly, WFF/Auto must initiate a corrected affidavit, and then I may file for a new title. Two Reps from the WA State DOL have affirmed that they have had prior evidence that someone at Wells Fargo Auto Finance has been "Washing" Titles. So, when do we take action and prosecute? They find it necessary to harass me about payments that are not late, and yet they cannot produce the Title that I PAID to entrust in their "Safe Keeping?" WOW! What a RIP-OFF! I will never again do any business with Wells Fargo!

Comments

• Ea
      11th of Dec, 2007

I totally agree with you. I hate these people. Even though I'm upside down on this vehicle, I will sell it and pay the difference just to get these idiots out of my life. They've lost payments, harrassed me, and nearly caused me to loose my job over their stupidity. THEY lost the payment, not me. And then they try to make it seem like you aren't a responsible adult when they call and harrass you. I hope they go out of business. They S*CK!!!

• Kd
      15th of Jan, 2009

A vehichle was lease thru Well Fargo from 2004 thru 2008. It was trade in back in 4/08, 5 months prior to the term of the lease. I was never late on my lease payment to the bank. However, the problems stated when I informed Wells Fargo that I was trading the vehicle and leasing something else thru another bank. They were so rude and kept calling me as to why the did not receive payments. I explain to them that the vehicle was already traded and gave them the contact name of the new leasing company. The calls kept coming in all hours of the day. I decided to asked for a supervisor and she was so NASTY AND RUDE. Her response was "what do you want me to do". I explained to her that I want the calls to stop because I no longer have the vehicle because it was traded for something else and that the new leasing company owes them the balance. She hung the phone up in my ears. I dial back and complain about her, but of course they could not locate who she was. Anyway, the calls stop. I contacted my new leasing company who told me Wells Fargo as posssesion of the old vechicle. Six months later I decided to check my credit report and to my surprise, Wells Fargo as noted that the vehicle was repossessed by them. I have filed a claim thru Equifax to have this investigated and clear from my report. Because of the harrassment, rudeness and now FALSE doucmentation from WELLS FARGO BANK, I will NEVER due business with them every again. I do hope that something can be done to WELLS FARGO for filing false information and trying to ruin my credit. Also, i do hope they can employed better people to respresent their company than the nasty ones they have currently employed. I too will be contacting and filing a complaint with Wells Fargo to have this rectified. I am hoping that my present experience with Wells Fargo will be better than my past. I will comment on the outcome of this investigation.