Wells Fargo Auto Finance / inappropriate service!
In 2003 I financed a new Ford Focus thru Wells Fargo Auto Finance, formerly known as Wells Fargo Financial. I must say that I never really had a problem with the account for the first three years. Then, due to divorce proceedings, I began to fall on really hard times financially. I asked, several times, for a grace period on my payments and was denied. Then, My spouse moved out of state and as per our agreement, he took the Focus with him. He would make the payments from that state, in his name but using the proper account numbers. However, EVERY month Wells Fargo would send ME the bill, and call me several times, demanding that I make the payments. (I was primary on the account). Whenever I would call my ex, he would assure that the payments were being made. I had no reason to doubt him. This month, Sept 2007, my ex paid-off the account in full. So... guess what! My expectation is that I am paying off an account so that I may be in receipt of my car title, free and clear!. Wells Fargo, Instead sent me a BOGUS Release of Title and Affidavit of Loss (of Title). THEY LOST? MY TITLE! I did my part and TRUSTED them to do theirs...they did not. Not only that, but the Affidavit that they sent me was improperly signed by their Records Clerk, and it came from a bank that was not on record with the Washington State DOL. Also, the Affidavit had incorrect information and was NOT Notarized. SO I have taken time from work to drive to the WA State DOL Main Office to find out that I must wait even longer and go thru several steps to be able to get a clear title for the car. (In the mean time it is setting in Texas, awaiting a clear title so that it may be re-registered). Firstly, WFF/Auto must initiate a corrected affidavit, and then I may file for a new title. Two Reps from the WA State DOL have affirmed that they have had prior evidence that someone at Wells Fargo Auto Finance has been "Washing" Titles. So, when do we take action and prosecute? They find it necessary to harass me about payments that are not late, and yet they cannot produce the Title that I PAID to entrust in their "Safe Keeping?" WOW! What a RIP-OFF! I will never again do any business with Wells Fargo!
More Wells Fargo Auto Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - customer service / payment to account
- Wells Fargo - funds transfer to wells fargo - client fraud
- Wells Fargo - foreign currency; poor telephonic customer service from an assistant branch manager
- Wells Fargo - heloc and mortgage fraud
- Wells Fargo - reordering checks