Wells Fargo Auto Finance / misplaced payments / lies/ telephone harassment

Hey everyone, I posted earlier about their problems I had with Wells Fargo Financial / Wells Fargo Auto Finance. I have created Several blogs for consumers to post complaints on.

These blogs are fee to use, and I would appreciate it if everyone would post on them, because I am going to try to get together as many complaints as I can and take them to the OCC, FDIC, Better business Bureau and also the State Attorney Generals office. Together, maybe we can all make a difference.

Comments

• Gu
      16th of Oct, 2007

Never received my 1st car payment. I made a large amount 1st car payment that was never received until after 16 days, then post dated. I need email address or fax numbers for this crappy load department.

Thank you!

30th of Oct, 2007

I will not go into my complaint as everything that I have read is exactly the same kind of stuff that WF has put me through and is still putting me through!!! They do not know what the H they are doing at the company, or are trying to defraud their customers.

I can not believe that they can continue to get away with harassing people the way they do, and doing bad business they way they do.

I mean every thing that I have read they have or are doing to me right now.

M.S.

27th of Nov, 2007

Go to my blog and read our story. We would love to have your comments.

• Sh
      11th of Jan, 2008

Wells Fargo starts there harrassement the day after your payment is due. My contract states that I have a 10 day grace period. They start calling at 8:00 the morning after your payment is due. I hate them and when my daughters call gets paid off I will NEVER do business with them again. Even before the 10 day grace period is up they call my work every 10 minutes all day long. I don't answer the phone except to pick up the receiver and hang it back up. I wish someone would sue them of every dime the company has.

• Ju
      11th of Jan, 2008

TO STOP WELLS FARGO from calling from their 800 or 888 or 877 or any other number that they call from.

First IT IS ILLEGAL FOR WELLS FARGO AUTO FINANCE TO BE MAKING THESE CALLS and you can tell them this.

In the meantime...Step 1- After the caller identifies his or herself as from Wells Fargo Auto Finance tell them that it is Illegal for them to call with these harrassing calls.
    Step 2 - IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU HANG UP FROM THEM
    Dial 1-888-382-1222 ~ this must be done immediately after the call, you may have to do this a few different times because they have multiple lines., but this might help.

As soon as I am done with this Auto Loan I will NEVER EVER USE WELLS AGAIN!

• Co
      19th of Jan, 2008

This the WORST Auto Finance company I have ever been with. We have had NOTHING but problems. First the forced paid our insurance for 8 months when we faxed them our coverage information 30+ times. We finally got that cleared up after 8 MONTHS! then I made an online payment and they lost it. I have faxed them my bank statement 20+ times requesting them to clear it up with still nothing. We have continued to make our monthy payment but they continue to harrass us with phone calls stating we are late. When we ask bout the missing payment they tell us to just pay it and they will credit it back to us late. I REFUSE to do this as I know we will never see that money again. Now they are again stating we don't have insurance when we DO! They are liars, and cheats. They harrass us with 5+ phone calls a day and are so rude. They told us we were lying and that all of our problems on this account are because WE aren't listening to what THEY are saying. Someone has to do something about this Company!!!! I think we need to get a class action suit going, it's apparent that this is their business practice and it's illegal and immoral.

• Ta
      2nd of Apr, 2008

Wells Fargo has continued to harrass me 4, 5, 6 times a day. On my cell and home phone.
    I made arrangements for deferrment and even though it was 99% approved x2 the calls kept coming in.
    When I answered again the rep told me the deferrment was not apporved. I let them know when I would make my payment and the calls continue 4-6 times daily.
    I am wondering if anyone out there has done something to stop harrassment.
    Understand I owe the money but have just struggled the past couple months/
    These calls are causing my stress level to go high and blood pressure is out of control

• Ti
      30th of Oct, 2008

I agree with everyone my husband got laid off and is collecting unemployment and they totally tried to tear him down as a man with the harrassment, I even saved a message on my voice mail, of some of the things they said this has got to stop I have listened to the way they talk to him and the things they say and it is horrible, they need to be put in the hall of shame and took to the news or something cause it is not right for them to keep doing this to everybody.

20th of Jan, 2009

I hate wells fargo this is a terrible economy and even trying to work with them sucks! MY husband has been layed off, and trying to keep up with payments, but still wants to repo! I think they should kiss my butt!!!

20th of Jan, 2009

I hate these people sooooo much i wish they woul just lay off my back!!!

20th of Jan, 2009

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• V1
      11th of Aug, 2009

I would certainly like to make a complaint. My husband has financed a car through Wells Fargo as well.
    What a mistake it was! He is getting harassing phone calls, and has even told them that he is unable to
    make the high payment each month. They have refused to come and repo the car. They are now
    threatening him with wage garnishments, and he is so stressed out! This has put a strain on our family-
    and our marriage! I keep telling him to just do what he can, and that they will just say whatever in order
    to get money out of you! As the old saying goes, "you can't get blood from a turnip!" My advice to everyone:
    stop making the payments. Wells Fargo is so bombarded right now with -brand new- auto loans because of
    the "cash for clunkers" crap. Put your money into a saving account, and avoid all calls. When things clear
    up a bit, I am sure they will be willing to work with customers to get things straightened out. What other
    choice will they have???

• Ni
      28th of Oct, 2009

I have had the exact same difficulties and more; being charged illegally for insurance (but it is not really insurance, I guess, and then when I asked for documentation there was not any, and I have submitted my proof of coverage to them over 5 times)...and they continually call my place of employment (the car is in my husband's name, not mine) despite my requests/demands to staop and my explaining that I have been reprimanded as a result of their harrassment. What can I do? They are not a 3rd party debtor so I am not covered by the FDCPA..? Help...they are EVIL!

• Ju
      6th of Jun, 2010

Wells Fargo Auto Finance is a big bag of wind. They tell you what you want to hear. Yes we will work with you, yes we are willing to help you in this tough situation. ITS A LOAD OF CRAP!!! They want there money. They don't care if you lost your good paying job. They don't care if you have kids. They don't care if you have cancer. They don't care if you need food or have a roof over your head. They are the worst customer service people in the whole world. They call from 5 ~6 different numbers daily. If I had the money, I would pay them just to shut them up. life is hard let alone dealing with babbling idiots who think they know how to deal with real people with real hardships. I told them all I need is a lower payment. The only way they would help me is if I picked up a "second" job then they could add my 2 months current to the back of the loan. Truthfully honest citizens how does that help?????? Help me? Heck know you just add stress on a marriage and you supposedly being a "big bank" (ITS ALL IN YOUTR HEAD OF COARSE), will in know doubt have to be bailed out by the government, cause you didn't do it right again. Huh. Jokes on you...See you on the unemployment line AND IT BETTER NOT BE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE CAUSE YOU SUCK AT IT.