Wells Fargo Auto Finance / harassing phone calls despite payments
I've had a loan with Wells Fargo for my car since 2003 and it's just about to be paid off. I've been pretty much on time with my payments. Sure a couple of them ran a little late, but never more than 30 days past due. I sent a request for the payoff amount a couple of months ago to see what I owed. And the next bill showed I owed about $2, 400, which was the payoff amount. I paid my normal amount of $540. Then the phone calls started. I asked them why they're calling me because I paid my bill, and they said "you still owe us $1800" because that is the final payment. I told them I couldn't pay that and I'd pay my $540 like normal the next couple of months with the final one being in June. They said that'd be fine.
A couple of days later, they're calling again. I ask them why, since I've talked to them about this already, and after being on hold for 1/2 for the guy to "research my account" they said that's fine, though I might still get phone calls since it's not the final payment.
But then I get phone calls like last night where the person, talking in a very demeaning tone says "Sir your payment is 8 days past due, we need the payment now or we will repossess your car". I'm like "excuse me?' and I tell them what's going on. And they said they can't do that because I ran late a few times a couple of years ago.
They have the worst customer service and are borderline harassing, calling after 9pm. If you get a car loan, just make sure it's not from Wells Fargo, because they are the worst.
More Wells Fargo Auto Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - change of address 
- Wells Fargo - merchant service fail to process nightly batches
- Wells Fargo - manager & teller customer service 
- Wells Fargo - personal loan
- Wells Fargo - money orders