WeightWatchers.com / beware 7 day free trial is not free!
I signed up for a 7 day free trial of weightwatchers.com just after Christmas. Well I wasn't on the computer for a couple of days and the next time I checked my email was two days after, and I had an email saying that I was charged $65.00 I've emailed weightwatchers customer support multiple times, and they will not budge. I've threatened them with the BBB but that doesn't make any difference to them. I've also let them know we're disputing the charge through our credit card company, but they don't seem to care. They started out at refunding us $18.10, then, since according to them "However, while it is not our policy, customer service is very important to us and we have been authorized to credit your account for $35.05. This credit covers your subscription cost less the non-refundable $29.95 sign-up fee. The Subscription Agreement specifies that the sign-up fee is non-refundable. You should see this credit on your next credit card statement. Your subscriber account has been cancelled effective today." That's a quote taken directly from one of the many emails i've receieved from them. The problem is, no where on the free 7 day trial does it mention this "sign up fee". This is a scam, plain and simple. I wouldn't recommend weightwatchers.com to anyone.
More WeightWatchers.com Complaints & Reviews
- Weight Watchers - cannot cancel membership! 
- Weight Watchers Monthly Pass - unable to cancel monthly pass 
- Weight Watchers Online - no free trial - it's a ripoff! 
- Weight Watchers - new pricing a rip-off for lifetime/seniors
- Weight Watchers - inability to cancel monthly pass on line 
- Weight Watchers International - customer service
- Weight Watchers International - abusive local group leader.
- Weight Watchers International - unauthorized credit card charges, misleading information
- Weight Watchers International - smart one meatloaf
- Weight Watchers - chocolate supreme mug cake