WeightWatchers.com / beware 7 day free trial is not free!

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I signed up for a 7 day free trial of weightwatchers.com just after Christmas. Well I wasn't on the computer for a couple of days and the next time I checked my email was two days after, and I had an email saying that I was charged $65.00 I've emailed weightwatchers customer support multiple times, and they will not budge. I've threatened them with the BBB but that doesn't make any difference to them. I've also let them know we're disputing the charge through our credit card company, but they don't seem to care. They started out at refunding us $18.10, then, since according to them "However, while it is not our policy, customer service is very important to us and we have been authorized to credit your account for $35.05. This credit covers your subscription cost less the non-refundable $29.95 sign-up fee. The Subscription Agreement specifies that the sign-up fee is non-refundable. You should see this credit on your next credit card statement. Your subscriber account has been cancelled effective today." That's a quote taken directly from one of the many emails i've receieved from them. The problem is, no where on the free 7 day trial does it mention this "sign up fee". This is a scam, plain and simple. I wouldn't recommend weightwatchers.com to anyone.

Comments

• Su
      13th of Jun, 2007
    WeightWatchers.com - Auto-renewals rip-offs

I signed up for a free trial, and forgot about the auto-renewal. Did not use the service. Asked for a courtesy credit and was denied. I feel auto-renewals are calculated rip-offs.

• Di
      18th of Jan, 2008

Weight Watchers,
    At the end of July 2007 I signed up for a $65 one time charge to participate in the on line program. My credit card was billed on August 1, 2007. Now for no reason whatsoever my credit card was billed $16.95 on November 11, 2007 and again on December 1, 2007 for the same amount. I am sending this same info to your Kansas address and expect results in a reasonable time period.

• Ge
      21st of Nov, 2008

We cancelled our on-line weight watchers program on October 28th, 2006. We have been charged a monthly fee of $12.95 ever since and despite numerous attempts to get them to stop charging us, we can't seem to get them to stop. We have called our credit card company and they have tried with little effect. I am at my whits end. Beware before you sign up for the program that you might never be able to cancel. It is a real hastle and there is NO PHONE NUMBER for you to call.

Has anbyone had a similar experience?

Geoff

• Mr
      7th of Jul, 2010

to Geoff why not cancle the card you used and get a new card issued if the numbers different they CAN'T charge you...

• Li
      22nd of Dec, 2010
    WeightWatchers.com - Website Page cannot be displayed
    Weight Watchers
    California
    Phone: 800-651-6000
    weightwatchers.com

Website page cannot be displayed, error messages and I cannot log in. I haven't had a problem with any other websites. This been going on for two days. I have sent numerous e-mails to weightwatchers.com, and I have not received any explanation.

• Kh
      3rd of Jan, 2011

usually when you sign up for a free trial of ANYTHING you are told that if you do not cancel before the trial is over your account will automatically be converted into a paid account and you are responsible for the terms and conditions thereof. If you didn't read the terms and conditions when signing up that is in NO WAY the companies fault. Just because you were not paying attention when you signed up, it does not mean you are not responsible for the consequences of not properly canceling your account in the appropriate time-frame.

7th of May, 2013

Same thing. I signed up paid the $58 used it like 4 times and totally forgot about the auto renewal. I wish they would at least send an e-mail, text, call something. But hey they got another $18.95 out of me...