Weight Watchers International Logo

Weight Watchers International

Having problems with Weight Watchers International?

131 997 (Australia)
1802 604 040 (Germany)
+1 800 651 6000 (USA and Canada)
+44 345 345 1500 (United Kingdom)
+353 18 703 900 (Ireland)
+64 800 009 009 (New Zealand)
+43 15 325 353 (Austria)
+1 242 325 7546 (Bahamas)
+32 27 006 020 (Belgium)
+31 207 006 170 (Netherlands)
+41 848 188 188 (Switzerland)
11 Madison Avenue, 17th Floor

ViktVäktarna Box 31001 200 49 Malmö

Switzerland
Rte de St-Cergue 303, CP 1432, 1260 Nyon 1

Complaints & Reviews

ill treatment at weight in

I started the new momentum program through weight watchers in December. I came down with the flu and missed...

cancelled but credit card charged

Subscribed to weight watchers online sept. 22, 2008 for their free 7-day trial because that was the only way to view their website. On sept. 29, 2008, I cancelled before midnight of the 7th day according to their terms for cancelling, yet they charged my credit card for $65 saying that their automatic billing date would have been the day before. Grrrr since that wouldn't have given me 7 days free, I don't see how they think they can get away with this. Help!

• Im
    IMOGENE WALKER Feb 13, 2009

WHEN WW CHANGED THEIR FORM OF LISTING MONTHLY WEIGHT FOR ME AS A LIFETIME MEMBER, I FORGOT THE NEW BOOKLET BECAUSE IT WAS A CHANGED FORMAT, AND REALIZED LATER I LOST THE NEW BOOKLET. I WAS CHARGED $10.00. THIS IS AN UNFAIR PRACTICE SINCE I WAS NOT TOLD IF I LOST IT, I WOULD BE CHARGED. KATHY, AT THE SENIOR CENTER IN COLUMBUS, OHIO ALSO TRIED TO CHARGE ME $10.00 AT THE TIME I FORGOT TO BRING THE BOOKLET IN TO THE CENTER. IS THIS THE POLICY ON THE FIRST TIME THE BOOKLET WAS FORGOTTEN. THIS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE AND IT SEEMED UNFAIR. PLEASE LET ME KNOW

• Jr
    j RUE Jul 17, 2012

I subscribed to WW and charged the monthly pass to my account, I was never told this was a recurring monthly charge and was never mailed my monthly pass card. They are crooks, they continued to charge me for 9 months but will only reverse 3 months. I think this is a scam, never use your debit card or credit card with them...CASH ONLY!

cancelled monthly pass

I cancelled my monthly pass as of 10/23/08 and I received a cancellation notice on this website that it...

no free trial - it's a ripoff!

I signed up for WW Online simply to try it. Their website says that your card wil not be charged during the 7 day trial period, but mine was charged on day two. This did not contribute to my overall good feelings about the company, and I decided to cancel on day five, well within the seven days. I did this by email. I rec'd an email back saying I was not eligible for any refund because I did not notify them of my cancellation within the seven day period, which was obviously not true. After three emails and a phone call to customer service, they said they would indeed refund my $65, that I should not have been charged until day 7. Of course 4 days later I have seen no credit on my charge account. I do believe that this is a calculated customer service rip-off practice on their part. Not smart, as I have been a loyal follower of WW for 20 years (in person meetings, not online). I promise you I will NEVER darken their doors again, and I will tell everyone who will listen about their shady business practices.

• Ga
    gail Oct 07, 2008

I had the same thing happen. It wasn't a free trial at all and I canceled and they still charged me again for another 16.95 after the 65.00 charge. Its a SCAM WATCH OUT.

• Ka
    Kathy Oct 26, 2008

I also signed up for WW Online last Sunday and within 10 minutes, decided that the plan was not for me. I cancelled. They did not refund my $65, but informed me of all the reasons why they were keeping it. In our state anyone can cancel any contract within 3 days with a full refund. I plan on contesting this and will notify my bank to reverse charges and to NOT accept any more.

• Ru
    Ruth Apr 22, 2009

I am reading the USA experience with interest and comparing it to my own in Australia. I had attended WW meetings many years ago with a great deal of satisfaction. Due to time pressure I signed up online for a 3 month no join fee promotional package.

I did not find the online experience suited me and mentally wrote off the remainder of my $65 as the cost of the try. I continued to receive what I thought were spam emails from WW as i had not visited their site in months. Time pressures had also meant I had not done an item bu item tally on my visa but simply paid it out every month. While checking something the other day i see WW has billed me 3 further monthly amounts without any further email being sent.

To say i was not happy with this method of business is under-stating it. I exchanged many emails with the company and they sent me formula responses back which told me they prided themselves on their customer relations. In this country no other contracted service provider would dare bill you without a monthly account to your mail or email. WW seems oblivious to this and will go on billing you the monthly amount which readily slips under the radar as a single item. They succesfull billed me 3 times totalling $75 and would not settle a refund of a single cent. My guess is no refunds are ever made.

The billing by default on an opt out basis without further notice is nothing short of shady! I will ensure I point this out to any others contemplating the 'deal'.

• Bl
    Blanca581 Jul 13, 2009

Weight watchers offered a one month free when signing up for a month pass for 39.99. After you sign up, they don't give you the one month free. When you contact them they offer you two weeks free. It is a total rip off. I asked for a full refund within two days.

• Bi
    Billco4 Feb 08, 2012

Still Going on - I'm UK based and got caught by this 'Free Trial' scam - see below for a copy and paste of an email I sent last week to WW - not had a response back ( have a feeling now they have my money I won't)
    Last week, upon recommendation of a colleague, I checked out the Weight Watchers Program on-line. Although impressed by the methodology and the introductory price of £32.85 for three months, I wasn't totally committed to trying it so I closed down the browser Window. Upon doing this a 'Pop Up' Appeared saying basically - try free for one week.

The Options, as I understood them, were to try the program FOC for 1 Week and then either cancel during this period or continue - to which WW would extract the fund for three months.

Fair enough, however here I made my mistake, I didn't read the T&C's closely enough and assumed WW would take £32.85 as per the offer I had been looking at.
    If I had closely read the T&C's and not relied on, what I perceived to be, the good name of WW I would have either cancelled my weekly 'Free' and signed up for the offer after say 5 Days or not bothered at all.

Why? - Because instead of paying £ 32.85 for Three Months, by taking the 'Free Trial' I have been charged £49.80 ( £ 16.95 or 51% more ).

I am annoyed with myself, mainly as I don't normally get caught in this kind of Scam / Confidence Trick and will normally read T&C's diligently so I know I don't have a 'leg' to stand on - it's my own fault for trusting the integrity of Weight watchers and not looking for the small print which has resulted in me paying £16.95 for a 'Free Weeks Trial'.

Having been caught out by you I don't expect anything as a result of this e-mail as you have done nothing illegal or technically wrong - the error is my fault for trusting you and I disagree strongly about the way you have made extra money out of the fact that made assumptions on the offer instead of reading every line of the T&C's ( why would anyone willingly pay more to have a free trial - I don't understand!)

Shame, as a brand I have always thought positively about Weight Watchers until having now been suckered in!

false advertising

I got on the web site to join the Weight Watchers free trial they show on TV. I never saw anything about the...

unauthorized charges

I joined Weight Watchers the end of January 2007. I signed up at a meeting and decided to purchase a monthly pass ($39.95 for 2 months) and a starter kit for $25.00. I gave them my credit card number because this is the only way you can do the monthly pass. On Feb. 14, 2007 my cc was charged $39.95 for Feb/Mar dues. Then on Feb. 23, 2007 my cc was charged $64.95 (for what I don't know - I'm assuming more dues and the starter kit).

On Mar. 27, 2007 I canceled my membership because I had attended only 2 meetings and I knew if I didn't cancel it then they would continue to bill me. I got the confirmation on account cancellation through my email and assumed that all was well.

Oh no, on May 4, 2007 my cc was charged another $64.95. I have tried over and over to get this resolved and they don't respond. I left a voice mail and no one returned my call. I have emailed them about 10 times and I always get a response that has nothing to do with the overcharge just 'as per your request we have canceled your membership'.

To this date I have been charged $169.85. Pretty expensive for 2 meetings. I don't know what to do at this point except maybe do a charge reversal on my credit card. Be careful before giving them your cc number for monthly pass. When they make a mistake, it's a nightmare.

degrading

I have a closee relative that joined weight watchers and the weigh in 2woman are very mean. And the leader...

stinging insect in a joghurt

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you because I recently purchased a pack of your raspberry yoghurts from Asda in Cambridge.
Today as I took a mouthful I had to spit it back out, as I felt something inside my mouth that did not feel quite right.To my horror I found that I had nearly swallowed of all things a WASP.
This made me physically sick.
I think you should be made aware of this as it has totally put me off purchasing anymore of your products, also I personaly think that more care and attention needs to go into checking all of your products when selecting them to sell.

Yours Sincerely

Renata Chylinska

beware 7 day free trial is not free!

I signed up for a 7 day free trial of weightwatchers.com just after Christmas. Well I wasn't on the...

unethical billing practices

Weight Watcher's Online charged me $65.00 for signing up for their service even though I canceled less than 24 hours later. Their computer messed up my registration weight (entering a weight they had on record for me 3 years earlier!), so I decided not to bother with them since there was no telephone customer support. (This was my fault for not looking for human customer support before signing up.) When my credit card was charged $65.00 (even though no human ever put their hands on my account) I complained to their customer email support. This is the reply I received, even though I had canceled several weeks before I had sent in my complaint: Dear Barbara, We are certainly willing to help you cancel, but want to inform you of the specifics of your account. If you decide to cancel your Weight Watchers® Online 3-month subscription plan within one month of your sign up date, it will expire at the end of the month and your monthly fees will be pro-rated at the non-discounted price of $16.95. In addition, when you subscribed to Weight Watchers Online and submitted your payment, you agreed to the terms and conditions set forth in the Subscription Agreement. The Subscription Agreement specifies that the $29.95 sign-up fee is non-refundable. Based on the refund policy outlined in our Subscription Agreement, until 8/30/2007 you are eligible to receive an $18.10 refund. After this date, you are no longer eligible. If you would like to cancel early with a partial refund, please reply directly to this e-mail so that we may complete your cancellation request. If you do not respond by the date above, your account will expire at the end of the pre-paid term on 10/30/2007. The reason your potential refund comes to $18.10 is as follows, in accordance with our subscription agreement. You paid $65.00 for a three-month subscription to Weight Watchers Online. When requesting a refund you are charged the pro-rated, monthly price of $16.95 for each month or part thereof. Thus, $65.00(3-month subscription plan) - $29.95(non-refundable sign up fee) = $35.05 - $16.95(one month's service, pro-rated) = $18.10. By clicking on the link below, you may refer to our subscription agreement for additional inquiries you may have regarding our refund policy. http://www.weightwatchers.com/legal/subagreement.aspx Sincerely, Ha, Customer Service Associate www.weightwatchers.com

Don't use Weight Watcher's Online. It is a farce and has bad customer support and unethical billing practices.

sandy couture Sep 14, 2007

i would like to cancel my monthy pass i tryed to email you and it would not go thur my access code is 13-466- 1108-2832134510 thank you

Mary Anne Radavic Aug 03, 2008

I tried a few weeks ago to terminate my monthly pass, first by e-mail, then by mail. So, what happens, I get my monthly pass in the mail a few days ago, as if I never tried to contact you. I am having foot surgeery and will be in a cast for quite some time, therefore I would not be able to be weighed. You probably won't pay attentioin to this, but my pass ID# is M3013144. Please learn to try to help people.

Anita Chateau Oct 20, 2008

I received my Visa bill and I was charged double for the month of October. There was a credit for last billing period and two additional charges from Weight Watchers. When I totaled my transactions for the month of October both charges were in the grand total. Does this mean that I won't be charged for November?

unable to cancel monthly pass

I have been trying to no avail to cancel my "hassle free" monthly pass. I have followed all of the steps on...

cannot cancel membership!

I joined Weight Watchers under the Tenn Care partner's Program. It's funny how I was able to speak...

beware - free 30 day trial is not free!

Beware of Weight Watchers online free 30 day trial... it's not free. Even if you cancel within the 30...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices