Weight Watchers International / unauthorized charges
I joined Weight Watchers the end of January 2007. I signed up at a meeting and decided to purchase a monthly pass ($39.95 for 2 months) and a starter kit for $25.00. I gave them my credit card number because this is the only way you can do the monthly pass. On Feb. 14, 2007 my cc was charged $39.95 for Feb/Mar dues. Then on Feb. 23, 2007 my cc was charged $64.95 (for what I don't know - I'm assuming more dues and the starter kit).
On Mar. 27, 2007 I canceled my membership because I had attended only 2 meetings and I knew if I didn't cancel it then they would continue to bill me. I got the confirmation on account cancellation through my email and assumed that all was well.
Oh no, on May 4, 2007 my cc was charged another $64.95. I have tried over and over to get this resolved and they don't respond. I left a voice mail and no one returned my call. I have emailed them about 10 times and I always get a response that has nothing to do with the overcharge just 'as per your request we have canceled your membership'.
To this date I have been charged $169.85. Pretty expensive for 2 meetings. I don't know what to do at this point except maybe do a charge reversal on my credit card. Be careful before giving them your cc number for monthly pass. When they make a mistake, it's a nightmare.
More Weight Watchers International Complaints & Reviews
- Weight Watchers - cannot cancel membership! 
- Weight Watchers Monthly Pass - unable to cancel monthly pass 
- WeightWatchers.com - beware 7 day free trial is not free! 
- Weight Watchers Online - no free trial - it's a ripoff! 
- Weight Watchers - new pricing a rip-off for lifetime/seniors
- Weight Watchers International - cancel subcription
- Weight Watchers International - at work meeting
- Weight Watchers uk - meetings
- Weight Watchers International - membership
- Weight Watchers International - app only subscription cancellation fees/process not transparent