Weight Watchersget paid to lose weight promotion

I joined ww in february, due to the promotion get paid to lose weight.. If I lost ten pounds within the required time frame and sent in the required paperwork I would get the money. I opted for it to be used on my account, but I have received nothing. At this time, if I somehow get the money I want it on a credit card. I want to cancel my ww, but they told me that if I do.. I will not get the money. I am trying to determine if I should just take the loss and cancel... It will depend on the outcome of this email response
I have proof via email that my info was sent in and accepted. I do want to mention that the two times that I have contacted ww via the [protected] number that is was a total waste of time.. I contacted them on 7/10/17 and again on 9/3/17. I has been 12 weeks and 4 days since I submitted the necessary paperwork. The last rep, diane was her name — was very difficult to understand.. She did not understand me and I had to repeat and spell everything. Then she kept staying on the line after I said I was done, I told her that I didn't want to hang up, because I didn't want to miss the survey. She finally ended the call... When I wouldn't answer her.. Then it went to the survey. I missed the survey last time.. Almost makes me think they do this so you don't get the opportunity to complete the survey. My id is w-4918199... Email is [protected]@hotmail.com I would like my 100 dollars and to cancel my account and get a refund for the august 30th payment from my credit card. I don't go anymore, because I am tire of their lies and inability to help.

De
Sep 03, 2017

Comments

• Da
      Sep 06, 2017

The same thing happened to me. It is under review now, but they are not going to honor it. I am going to file a complaint with the consumer protection agency in my State, I have all paperwork, dates, credit card payment, etc. if nothing else they will have to spend $100 in labor to answer the complaint. I have been a lifetime member for 38 years and am really disappointed that they are ripping me off.

• Ni
      May 18, 2018

Same thing happened to me. My local branch was suspiciously quiet whenever I mentioned that I was doing this promotion. This should be an automated process, but instead I had to find the refund form myself online & then turn it in during the short window offered. The form says you must be an active member to be eligible for the refund, which I was when I submitted the form. Now, I have since cancelled my membership and it has been 8 weeks with no refund. The promotion does not state that you need to be a member when they get around to issuing the refund. I have called weight watchers 800-customer support number, but it is only a call center in another country. I did wait 15 minutes to be transferred to a supervisor in the resolution group back in the USA, but she could only offer to give me more time on weight watchers for free. I am appalled that an organization that has been around for so many years and is now associated with Oprah would be able to publically scam people in this manner without this being brought to light. I will pursue this with my local television station's consumer watchdog group.

Jun 01, 2018

I’m going through the same thing right now. I submitted all paperwork on March 20th and called a week later to confirm it was received. I was told it was being processed. When I didn’t get the refund in two months, I called again and they said that it would be done by May 22. May 22 past and I didn’t see the extension on my membership as I had opted for two months membership instead of getting a two month refund. I called again and they said they had put through the credit to my credit card and I should see it within a week on my credit card. 10 days later I still didn’t see anything on my credit card. I called back and was told they didn’t see anything on my account about a refund Or an extension of time. After a 40 minute conversation she said she would credit my credit card as a one time courtesy. The amount they would credit me was not equal to two months of membership, so, I said that I had asked for a two month extension on time and she was really rude and said that that wasn’t what I asked for. I said I have my paperwork which shows that I asked to have my membership extended two months. She says that I would need to hold again and she would need to call her supervisor in order to extend the length of my membership time. By the time I got off of the phone call I was angry. They said that they were extending my membership to August 29 (I am paid through June 30th as they have continued to charge my credit card since the beginning) as a one time courtesy. How can it be a one time courtesy when I complied with all of their Requirements to get the two months for free if I lost 10 pounds within the first two months. I have lost all respect for weight watchers. They dangle all of these promotions and then when you Actually meet the requirements they do everything they can to not give you the reward. My local chapter has a fabulous staff and wonderful meetings. The corporation itself, has horrible customer service and horrible business practices. They should never have outsourced all of their customer service to a foreign country.