Webster Bank / debit card fees

1 Ridgefield, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 203-431-7011

I am so glad I found this site! I have never been so angry and frustrated about a banking situation. It appears I am not the only individual being charged sleazy $35.00 debit card fees. This bank has taken over $1, 000.00 in debit card fees from me since June 2008. In EVERY CASE, there had been a deposit which cleared the next day, but I made many debit card payments which they then paid and charged me $35.00 every time. Since I use the debit card for everything, I charge even very small amounts. For example, one day I had charged less than $50.00 and they charged me $245.00. The manager at the Ridgefield, CT bank was not very helpful as she only removed one of the fees. I have found that if you call the 800 number, the agents will remove 2 of the fees. Once when I called the representative I spoke to looked at my account and what the bank had done and she said it made her want to cry. She kindly removed 3 of the fees but told me she will probably get in trouble for it.
I have not written letters to anyone in corporate at the bank about this practice, but now that the CEO is answering questions on video on the company website I am going to start writing until I get some answers.
I SUGGEST that EVERYONE that has this complaint WRITE TO THE CEO for his video questions...I will also include in my correspondence that I am going to change banks and tell everyone I know about Webster Bank's unscrupulous banking practices.

Cy

Comments

Fe
  22nd of Mar, 2011

I had a situation with Webster that involved a remark from teller to a family member. The teller happened to mention that I was a customer with Webster. I found this especially annoying that a bank representative would even make this comment. I contacted the CEO of the bank. They said they would speak to her. Obviously she denied it. I offered the witness as proof to no avail. What happened to privacy! Do not bank here I closed my account and never want anything to do with this unscrupulous outfit.