Webroot

Posted: Sep 22, 2017 by

webroot antivirus

We paid $49.00 for this antivirus system because of the great reviews and we could not even get into the account that we set up, password issues for which we tried for 2 days to reset. so we called webroot ciustomer service, the guy remotely went into our computer, went through all of our files as a technician and also tried to change our password and no go...he said that if I paid him $129.00 he could fix our computer so that it would then work. Then he tried to get another 60.00 for a year's worth of tech help. When we said we could not afford it and we would just do a factory reset then reinstall the webroot that we purchased he said that we can't use it anymore. So tell me did I just throw my mon ey away? Because if that's how you treat your customers? I want my money back, who do I call?
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

N  22nd of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
fell for the scam never ever let anyone on your computer ( even these alledged techs) for a install unless you have a serious issue never let anyone on ( event han its questionable )
anyway you should see about a compliant with the better business bureau ( bbb) not sure if there on there or not but worth looking at
and also sending the corp office a fax or call them ( not some alledged tech or secretary) and see about refund
personally webroot is not the greatest its ok
Norton is a better choice ( $40 at Walmart)

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree